By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Add sparkle and shine when you embellish Design Tool shapes with Black Pearl Blossoms flowers and cute glittery gumdrop buttons.
- Simply Susan Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Simply Susan Ribbon Set
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Design Tool Kit #3
- Silver Greetings Dazzles
- Black Blossoms
- Black and Silver Glittery Gumdrop Buttons
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Trim the card to 5 1/2"x5" and place with the fold at the top. Cover the card with Simply Susan purple/black/white floral paper. Cut a 5 1/2"x4" Simply Susan green/black patterned paper and mat long sides on black with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the card. Glue a 5 1/2"x1" Simply Susan black/white dotted paper on the green/black patterned paper 1" from the top. Glue Simply Susan lavender dotted paper on the green/black patterned paper even with the bottom edge of the black/white dotted paper.
- Trace and cut out a Scalloped Oval shape from Simply Susan green textured paper and mat on black with 1/16" borders. Glue centered to the card. Trace and cut out an Exquisite Label shape from black cardstock and mat on white with 1/16" borders. Foam tape centered to the green scalloped oval. Place "Best Wishes" on the right side of the Exquisite Label.
- Cut thin strips each from black and white cardstock and add to the holes in each button to finish them. Trace and cut out one Delicate Daisy from lavender dotted paper and a Dainty Daisy from lavender swirls paper. Mat each on black cardstock with thin borders. Place a black Pearl Blossom flower centered on the Delicate Daisy and a black button centered on the Dainty Daisy. Arrange the flowers on the left side of the label shapes and glue/foam tape in place as shown.
- Arrange buttons as shown and Zot in place. Use 1/4" wide white/black stitched grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow. Zot the bow to the lower right edge of the exquisite label. Ink the edges of the card with Black ink.