Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: After stamping and coloring the door image, use your knife to cut around the windows. Open the sides of the window and see the stamped image inside!
- Front: Trim your blank card to a 5” square, round the corners with the Corner Chomper, and place with the fold at the top. Cover the card with Pretty Little Posies lime paper, trimming evenly with the card. Cut a 4” Pretty Little Posies orange paper square and round the corners. Glue centered on the card. Trim the lattice border from the blue border paper and glue centered across the card, trimming edges evenly.
- Stamp the window image on white cardstock with black ink. Trim to a 3”x3 1/8” rectangle so the window is centered, then round the corners. Use the watercolor pencils as follows to color in the stamped image, leaving some white spaces as you go. Color in the outer window frame with 168 and 166. Color in the inner window frame with 155. Color in the window panes with 105. Use the brush and water on the colored image to create a watercolor effect. Let dry. Glue centered on the card front with Tacky glue. Let dry.
- Open the card out flat on your cutting mat with the front facing up. Use your ruler and knife to cut along the top, bottom, and down the center edges of the blue inner window frame as shown on the product package. Lightly score along the outer sides of the blue frame with the dull side of your knife blade or other scoring tool. Open the sides of the window slightly.
- Punch out a flowers die-cut and foam tape near the lower left corner of the card. Write or computer print “Hello” on white cardstock and trim to a small tag shape. Mat on Pretty Little Posies blue textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue tag near the flowers die-cut. Use 1/4" wide blue sheer ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the right side of the card as shown. Decorate with Teal Jewel Dazzles™ as desired.
- Cover the inside with lime paper, trimming edges evenly. Cut a 4” square from Pretty Little Posies tan/red tiny flowers paper and round the corners. Glue centered on the inside. Stamp the Heart in the Park image on white cardstock with black ink. Trim the cardstock to a 3” square, then round the corners. Use the watercolor pencils to color in the stamped image, leaving white spaces as you go. Color in the red balloon, tiny heart, and some of the flowers with 126. Color in remaining flowers with 115, and all the flower centers with 105. Color in the tree trunks and soil with 176, and the lamp post and stones with 234. Color in the park bench with 155. Color in the grass, flower stems, and leaves on the trees in the foreground with 168. Color remaining vegetation in the background with 166. Brush over the color with the paint brush and water for a watercolor effect. Let dry.
- Glue the painted image to red weave paper with Tacky glue and let dry. Trim the edges to 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the inside. Zot™ blue sheer knotted ribbon as shown.