Choose to Shine
Choose to Shine
By Amy Hurley-Purdie
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: When stamping onto plastic, press with gentle even pressure to avoid sliding.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Dapper Dan What Nots, Pastel Pink 12"x12" Leaf Design Holographic Sheet, Pastel Yellow 12"x12" Leaf Design Holographic Sheet
- Paper Dolls Clear Acrylic Stamp
- Design Tool Kit # 5
- Pastels Spectrum Noir pens
- Black SurfaceZ ink pad
- Wisteria Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Rainbow Dazzling Diamond Rhinestone Sticker Sheet
- 8½"x11" Ultra Smooth White Cardstock
- 4"x6" Acrylic Block
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Cosmetic sponge
- Card Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cut 4¾"x6¼” from the pink sheet and glue centered on the card front. Using the Design Tool Kit #5 trace the Large Oval onto the purple sheet, cut out and stamp 3 butterflies as shown. Using the Design Tool Kit #5 trace the Large Oval Scallop onto white cardstock. Glue the purple oval onto the center of the white scallop, then glue to the center of the card front.
- Stamp the largest doll stamp (as shown) onto white cardstock. Cut out (including the negative space under the arms. Also cut the dolls hand free from her hip, to be placed on her dress later). Color the skin with Spectrum Noir pen FS4, and use PP2 for the cheeks. Set aside. Stamp the doll onto pink and yellow sheets. Cut out the hair from the yellow sheet, and the dress from the pink sheet. Cut 2 rows of 5 rhinestones from the Rainbow Rhinestone Sticker Sheet and place them on the waist of the dress and trim. Foam tape the hair and dress onto the stamped image on the white cardstock, making sure to Zot™ the hand on top of the dress as shown. Stamp the small flower stamp onto a yellow sheet. Cut out and add a rhinestone to the flower center. Zot™ to the doll’s wrist as shown. Zot™ the doll onto the card front with the bottom of the dress even with the fold, ¼” from the top.
- Cut a 5”x3/4” strip of Rainbow Rhinestone Stickers (the strip should have the colors hot pink, peach, yellow orange, and orange within the strip). Place it ¼” across the bottom. Place a small strip of rhinestones to the top left corner as shown. Place 3 rhinestones in the doll’s hair for a barrette.
- Cut 2½”x1¼” white cardstock and cut a “V” from one side. Stamp the “Choose to Shine” sentiment centered. Ink the edges. Glue even with the right side and 1 3/8” from the bottom. Add a strip of Rainbow Rhinestone Stickers to the right side of the white strip as shown.