Amazing Square Binder
Amazing Square Binder
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: I misted the cover of the binder with blue and green Glimmer Mists for a quick and easy way to color it. I stamped the big butterfly image with VersaMark™ ink, and then added 3 different colors of embossing glitters for a multi-color effect that looks great with this color combination.
- Unforgettable Ribbon Assortment
- sarabinders™ Square Binder
- Primary Glimmer Mist Starter Kit
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template
- Pink Jewel Border Dazzles™
- Pink Jewel Dazzles™
- 4"x6" Acrylic Block
- Big Butterfly Stamp
- Discover Today Perfectly Clear Stamp Set
- Magical Mauve WOW! Glitter Embossing Powder, Totally Teal WOW! Glitter Embossing Powder, Pink Fizz WOW! Glitter Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
- Plumeria Limited Edition Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Medium Zots™
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Corner Chomper
- Lightly mist the entire outside and edges of the binder cover with It’s Blue Glimmer Mist, then It’s Green Glimmer Mist. Add more color if desired, then let dry.
- Cut a 6 3/8”x5 1/2" Unforgettable collage paper. Stamp the big butterfly image angled on the center with VersaMark ink. Sprinkle Magical Mauve embossing glitter near the center of the butterfly and tap off the excess. Add Pink Fizz over part of the wings and tap off the excess. Add Totally Teal over the remaining parts of the butterfly and tap off the excess. Emboss with the heat gun.
- Cut a 1/2" wide strip of Unforgettable striped paper and glue even with the bottom, and a 3/8” wide strip of striped paper even with the left side. Round the right top and bottom corners with the Corner Chompers on the ½” setting. Mat on purple textured paper with 1/8” borders, rounding the right corners again. Glue the paper centered on the front of the binder. Add Pink Jewel Border Dazzles™ across the paper shown.
- Stamp “amazing things begin to happen when” and “I just play in the paint” on light green textured paper with Plumeria ink. Use the Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template to place Squared Tag A centered on “amazing things...” and trace the shape with a pencil. Remove the template and cut out the tag. Mat on Unforgettable purple textured paper with 1/16” borders. Use the Bracket Label B shape on the template for “I just play in the paint”, cut it out, and mat as for the tag. Glue on the binder as shown. Add Pink Jewel Dazzles™ on the label. Use 3/4" wide purple crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Trim the ends into a “V”. Zot™ the ribbon on the top of the tag as shown.