By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: Create a card flap from a Lattice Doily die-cut backed with paper and secure the flap under one of Gertie’s floral ponytails.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Pretty Little Posies double-sided paper pack
- Family & Friends White Dazzles™
- Geeky Gertie Clear Acrylic Stamp
- Garden Bench Cutting Die
- Lattice Doily Border Cutting Die
- Lattice Border Cutting Die
- Pretty Poinsettia Cutting Die Set
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Red Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Brown Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Turquoise Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Green Spectrum Noir Pen Set, Skintone/Pale Hues Spectrum Noir Pen Set
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 12x12 White Cardstock
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- 400 Foam Squares
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Place the card fold on the side and cover the card with Pretty Little Posies tan diamond paper. Glue 5”x3/8” red floral paper across the card bottom. Die cut 1 white Lattice Border from white cardstock and ink edges brown. Glue along the top edge of the red floral strip.
- Fold top edge of 5”x2½” Pretty Little Posies red floral paper over ½”. Die cut the Lattice Border Die from white cardstock and ink edges brown and glue even with the fold on the red floral paper. Cut around the curved sides of the doily and glue the folded flap to the card top back edge to make a card flap.
- Die cut Garden Bench from Kraft Cardstock and ink the edges brown and glue above the lattice border as shown. Stamp the Geeky Gertie image onto white cardstock. Color skin with Spectrum Noir™ Pale Hues TN2 and FS3. Color glasses, lips, necklace, dress detail and tights with red CR8. Color hair with Pale Hues EB2 and TN2. Color shoes with Browns TN7 and GB8. Color headband, pupils, flowers in hair, dress and bow with Turquoises BT5, BT1 And BT2. Color leaves and sweater CG2 green. Cut out around image and glue over the left side of the bench as shown. Place Family & Friends Dazzles™ “Granddaughter” on the bench edge.
- Die cut Pretty Little Posies blue and lime green papers with the poinsettia die. Ink edges brown and layer as shown. Die cut the star shape from red floral paper and foam tape to the center. Glue the flower to the top right edge of the flap and glue 3 leaves, made from cut apart poinsettia petals, under the flower as shown.