By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: I overlapped papers, Dazzles™, Paper Tole, and ribbons to create a pretty collage on this card. The variety of shapes and colors keeps the eye moving through the piece. This card is perfect for an anniversary or wedding occasion.
- On Butterfly Wings Scrapbooking Paper Pack
- On Butterfly Wings 3D Paper Tole
- On Butterfly Wings Scrapbooking Dazzles™
- On Butterfly Wings Ribbon Collection
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- Knife & Refill
- Medium Zots™
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with On Butterfly Wings black/ivory vines paper. Cut a 4 3/8”x5 7/8” On Butterfly Wings pink/brown dots paper and ink the edges brown. Mat with On Butterfly Wings ivory textured paper leaving 1 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the card. Cut a 5”x7/8” On Butterfly Wings striped paper and ink the edges brown. Glue even with the bottom of the card.
- Pop out the typewriter embellishment die-cuts from the Paper Tole sheet. Layer together with foam tape as directed on the sheet. Glue on the left side of the pink/brown dots paper, 5/8” from the top of the card, leaving the lower right corner unglued.
- Place the On Butterfly Wings Scrapbooking Dazzles™ pocket watch on brown collage paper. Trim evenly around the edges, using your knife to trim away the inside area from the top. Tuck the pocket watch beneath the lower right edge of the Paper Tole embellishment as shown. Glue pieces in place.
- Cut a 5”x5/8” On Butterfly Wings brown collage paper and mat the long sides on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue across the card, 1 1/2" from the top. Place Dazzles™ “Cherish” 3/4" from the left. Glue a 5/8” length of gold velvet glitter ribbon on the paper left of the word as shown. Take the extra art roses from the Paper Tole sheet and foam tape it centered on the strip to the right of the word.
- Back a 2” Dazzles™ butterfly and a 1/2" butterfly on pink/brown dots paper, then mat with On Butterfly Wings black scuff paper with very thin borders. Back a 1 3/8” long key on black scuff paper with very thin borders. Lightly fold the wings of the 2” butterfly together and apply foam tape to the back of the body. Place angled on the label portion of the paper tole embellishment as shown. Glue remaining butterfly in place near the upper right corner of the card. Foam tape the key to the left of the 2” butterfly as shown. Add a Dazzles™ thin border across the striped paper at the bottom. Decorate the card with Black Jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Use 1/2" wide cream/black dotted ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the lower left portion of the card. Zot™ an extra art rose (from the paper tole sheet) centered on the knot of the bow.
- Inside: Cut 5”x3 3/4" On Butterfly Wings pink/brown dots paper and glue across the card, 2” from the top. Cut 5”x1 3/4" brown collage paper and glue across the pink/brown dots paper, 2 3/4" from the top of the card. Cut 5”x7/8” On Butterfly Wings striped paper and glue on the bottom of the pink/brown dots paper. Add a Dazzles™ thin border across the striped paper as you did for the front. Back a 1 5/8” butterfly and a 1” butterfly each on pink/brown dots paper, trimming the edges evenly. Mat each on black scuff paper with very thin borders. Glue butterflies as shown.
- Back the “LOVE” portion of “LOVE of a Lifetime” with black scuff paper, trimming the edges evenly. Place centered on the brown collage paper on the card. Cut a 1 3/4" length of gold velvet glitter ribbon and glue it vertically on the right edge of the brown collage paper. Add Black Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.