By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: I combined ferns from words patterned paper and gold textured paper for a warm vintage look. Arrange the ferns with flowers at the base for an eye-catching finish.
- Darkroom Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Hello Ferns Cutting Die Set
- Gold Jewel Dazzles™
- Gold Jewel Border Dazzles™
- Gold Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Zing Pink Glitter Embossing Powder
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Knife & Refill
- Perfect Cutting Mat
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with Darkroom brown/aqua patterned paper. Cut a 4 1/8”x5 3/4" Darkroom brown textured paper and mat on Darkroom yellow gold/ivory tiles paper with 1/8” borders. Glue a 3/8” wide aqua/yellow strip from Darkroom striped paper even with the bottom edge. Mat again on aqua textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the card. Place Gold Jewel Border Dazzles™ across the top and bottom edges of the brown textured paper, trimming edges even with the yellow/gold/ivory mat.
- Use your die cutting machine and cutting dies to cut the following pieces from Darkroom papers: 2 straight leaf ferns and 1 rounded leaf fern from tan/brown words paper; 1 straight leaf fern, 4 small sprigs, and “Hello” from yellow gold textured paper.
- Arrange 1 straight leaf words paper fern and the rounded leaf words paper fern on the card front with their stems together and about 2 1/2” of space between them near the top as shown. Glue in place. Trim the bottom of the yellow gold textured straight leaf fern so the top is 3” long. Foam tape centered between the 2 words paper ferns. Place 3 flowers on the base of the ferns. Foam tape 3 small yellow gold sprigs at the edges of the flowers as shown. Glue “Hello” on the top right. Add Gold Jewel Dazzles™ on the yellow gold fern and sprigs as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 3 1/4"x5 3/4" brown textured paper. Mat top, bottom, and left side on yellow gold/ivory tiles paper with 1/8” borders. Glue a 3/8” wide aqua/yellow strip from striped paper even with the right side of the paper. Mat the top, bottom, and left side again on aqua textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the card, even with the right side. Glue remaining straight leaf words paper fern angled to the left on the brown textured paper. Place 2 flowers on the base of the fern. Add the remaining yellow gold sprig to the left of the flowers. Add Gold Jewel Border Dazzles™ and Gold Jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Place Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “Thinking of You” on the upper right portion of the brown textured paper.