Strut Your Stuff Card
Strut Your Stuff Card
By Ann Barba
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Use a Dazzles™ Transfer Sheet and some double-sided adhesive sheets to create this unique, glittery focal. Remove some innies and add glitter, then remove other innies to add another color. The result is fantastic!
- Extra Keeper
- Fancy Feathers double-sided paper pack
- Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™
- Dazzles™ Transfer Sheet
- Double Sided Adhesive
- WOW! Extra Fine Glitter Value Pack, (24 pieces)
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Westcott® 7" Titanium Non-Stick Scissors with Microtip
- Knife & Refill
- Perfect Cutting Mat
- Perfect Ruler Tool
- Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with purple feathers paper. Glue 5" x 1 1/2" of light blue paper across the card, 2 1/2" from the top. Place Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ even with the long edges of the light blue paper, trimming sides even with the card. Add another border even with the top of the card. Place the scalloped Dazzle border on green paper and trim around, leaving a 1/16" border along the scalloped edge. Glue across the bottom of the card as shown.
- Cut 1 3/4" x 2 1/2" of green paper and mat on dark pink with a 1/16" border. Place "Strut your stuff" in the center with two stars in the corners as shown. Add Dazzles™ Silver Borders at top and bottom of the green paper. Foam tape to the card 1/4" from the left and 2" from the bottom. Mat a large, medium, and small feather on light blue paper, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue the large feather to the card below the greeting. Glue the other 2 feathers above the greeting as shown.
- Cut around the large peacock from the Dazzles sheet. Remove the outline of purple material from around the edge of the peacock, but do not remove the innies. Cut a piece of the Dazzles Transfer Sheet to fit over the peacock. Peel the backing off the transfer sheet, place it on some fabric (a piece of your clothing) and remove it a couple times, to remove some of the tackiness. Place it on the peacock and rub over it with a popsicle stick or some similar blunt object. Flip the piece over to the back. Peel off the backing of the peacock carefully, making sure the peacock and all the innies have transferred to the transfer sheet. Use your craft knife to transfer any stray innies. Once this step is done, you'll have the whole peacock and innies with it, on the clear transfer sheet.
- Cut a 2 1/4" x 4 7/8" piece of double-sided adhesive and peel off one of the yellow backing sheets. Place the transfer sheet with peacock attached, onto the center of the sticky adhesive. Rub over the surface of the transfer sheet to ensure that the peacock and all of the innies have attached to the double-sided adhesive. Use a craft knife to help start peeling one edge of the transfer sheet. Peel off the transfer sheet slowly and carefully, making sure that the peacock and all of its innies have transferred to the double-sided adhesive. Use a craft knife to guide any stray innies. Once this step is done, use the craft knife to peel off some of the innies on the peacock's tail, and around the swirls on its head. Sprinkle aqua (teal) glitter all over the double sided adhesive and rub into the sticky parts with your finger. Tap off excess. Next peel off the innies on the peacock's head, neck, body, and the rest of the tail feather innies. Sprinkle marine (dark blue) glitter onto these exposed areas, rub in, and tap off excess. Now, peel off the remaining innies on the crown and wings. Sprinkle spinach (lime green) glitter onto these exposed areas, rub in, and tap off excess. Carefully peel off the other yellow backing sheet, and place the whole glittered image onto green paper. Cut out and mat onto dark pink paper, with a 1/16" border. Glue to the card 1/2" from the top and 1/8" from the right, as shown. Add Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ even with the top and bottom edges of the matting.