Wild & Wonderful Page
Wild & Wonderful Page
By Gail Booth
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Using a sanding block on edges is a natural for these woodsy papers.
- Trail Blazer Double-Sided Scrapbooking Papers
- Trail Blazer Scrapbooking Dazzles™ Stickers
- Trail Blazer Ribbon Set
- Owls Cut & Emboss Die Set
- Antique Bronze Travel Word Medallions Metal Stickers
- Premium Metal Sheets Precious Metals
- 12x12 Classic Cardstock
- StazOn Ink Pad, Timber Brown
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Sanding Block
- Evolution Advanced Die Cutting Tool
- Background: Cut ½” from the right and bottom edges of the Trailblazer star compass border paper, keeping the compass at the top left. Mat on ivory cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue centered on Trailblazer bright green paper. Sand and distress the edges of 9”x6 ½” green ombre paper and glue ¾” from the right side of your page, centered vertically.
- Distress the edges of 4”x3 ¼” map paper, mat on green paper with a 3/8” border and distress the edges. Glue ¾” from the left side of your page, 1 ¾” from the bottom. Cut the ends of an 8” length of brown web paper at an angle and glue across the map paper, as shown. Distress the edges of 4 ¾”x2” green paper and glue ¾” from the right side of your page, 2 ¼” from the top.
- Photos: Cut a 7”x5” photo into three even strips (as shown), mat each on ivory cardstock with 1/16” borders and mat the three photos on map paper with 1/8” borders between, and ¼” borders around the outer edges. Mat on ivory cardstock with a 1/16” border and glue centered over the green ombre paper. Place “Wild & Wonderful” Dazzles™ on 3 ¼”x1” ivory cardstock, distress the edges and foam tape over the upper right corner of the photos.
- Embellishments: Place the star compass Dazzles™ on bright green paper and cut around the center starburst, lifting the edges of the Dazzles™ to cut next to each edge of the star, “backing” the star portion of the Dazzles™. Back the entire Dazzles™ on map paper, trimming around the outer edges. Foam tape over the compass on the background.
- Place border and “Nature” Dazzles™ on the photo edges, as shown. Back four large leaves on green and yellow papers and foam tape at the bottom left corner of the photos. Place “Wilderness” Dazzles™ on the lower left map paper, as shown. Remove the adhesive covering from the Metal Travel word plates and place “Explore” on the upper left photo, “Journey” below the “Nature” Dazzles™, and the compass just above the “Wilderness” Dazzles™.
- Nest the Owl embossing plates within the Owl cutting dies to cut and emboss two large and three small owls from the copper metal sheet. Sand the surface of each owl lightly, then ink the edges. Foam tape two owls at the upper right corner and three among the compass and leaves.
- Tie pieces of twine with the orange stitched ribbon and Zot™ at the upper right. Tuck pieces of twine with the ivory twill ribbon behind the owls and compass at the lower left and Zot™ in place. Zot™ on a bow of orange stitched ribbon. Place Jewel Dazzles™ on the paper corners, compass, leaves and word Dazzles™, as shown.