By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: Use the basket weave stencil and silver metal leaf to create a beautiful metallic patterned background for your card. Dazzles™ add extra sparkle.
- Artful Watercolor Double-Sided Scrapbooking Papers
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™
- Silver Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™
- 6"x6" Basketweave Stencil
- Chantilly Collection - Velvet Hydrangeas - Rose
- Silver Metal Leaf Sheets, 25pk
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Palette Stamp & Stick Glue pad Kit Adhesive Solution
- Heat Gun
- Scoochy Foam
- Medium Zots™
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Stencil Tape
- Place your blank card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with Artful Watercolor purple/pink textured paper. Cut a 5”x3/4” Artful Watercolor green/pink/blue striped paper and glue it even with the bottom of the card.
- Place the Basket Weave stencil on remaining purple/pink textured paper and secure the edges with stencil tape. Use the glue pad to apply the glue directly on the stencil, and open spaces of the exposed paper. Carefully remove the tape and stencil from the paper. Wash the stencil and dry with a paper towel. Heat the glue image with the heat gun until the image is matte instead of shiny.
- Cover the glue image with a silver metal leaf sheet. Add more pieces to cover the entire image as needed. Smooth in place with your fingers. Gently use the scoochy foam to sharpen the image by removing the excess metal leaf.
- Trim the metal leaf image to 4 3/4"x5”. Mat on Artful Watercolor pink textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered at the top of the card. Cut a 5”x7/8” Artful Watercolor pink/green/blue striped paper strip and mat on purple/pink textured paper with 1/16” borders. Glue across the card, 2 3/8” from the top. Add flowers and leaves overlapping the right side of the strip. Place Silver Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “Blessings” on the lower left side of the card as shown. Decorate the flower centers and striped paper with Silver Jewel Dazzles™ as desired.