Daughter, Friend Card
Daughter, Friend Card
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: I added glitter to the butterfly frame for lots of sparkle, then stamped and glittered swirls on the paper-covered inner butterfly shape to add pretty detail.
- Inside/Out Butterfly Die-Cut Cards
- The Sweet Life Double-Sided Scrapbooking Papers
- Sweet Life Ribbon Set
- Flourish Small Stamps
- 2"x6" Acrylic Block
- Family & Friends White Dazzles™
- White Jewel Border Dazzles™
- IndigoBlu FlitterGlu
- Knife & Refill
- Perfect Cutting Mat
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Cosmetic sponge
- 2” square scrap cardstock
- Front: Cover the front flap only with The Sweet Life light blue/pink/green patterned paper and trim away the excess from inside the butterfly opening.
- Press out the butterfly frame die cut. Apply FlitterGlu to the cosmetic sponge and use the square of cardstock to spread it evenly on the surface of the sponge. Apply the glue evenly over the surface of the butterfly frame. Sprinkle with Soft Teal glitter and rub the glitter into the glue with your fingers. Tap off the excess and pour it back into the container. Foam tape the glittered butterfly frame aligned with the frame on the card front. Place White Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the left edge of the card. Use 3/8” wide blue/white gingham ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the upper left edge of the butterfly frame as shown.
- Inside: Cover the inside with The Sweet Life green/ivory dots paper. Add White Jewel Borders on each side.
- Cover a solid butterfly die cut with pink textured paper, trimming the edges evenly with the die cut. Stamp the long swirl image on the left side, bottom left, on the right side, then upper right, with FlitterGlu. Sprinkle with Soft Teal glitter, tap off the excess, and pour the excess back into the container. Mat the butterfly on aqua textured paper (from the bordered sheet) with 1/16” borders. Place inside the card and close the card to align the butterfly so it is centered inside the window opening. Glue in place. Add Family & Friends “Daughter” on the right side of the card, near the bottom, making sure you can see the word from the front of the card as well. Add “Friend” to the top left, so it is covered when the card is closed.