By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer’s Tip: The translucent embossing paste dries clear, and the microbeads provide color and texture for this beautiful card focal.
- Trail Blazer Double-Sided Scrapbooking Papers
- Trail Blazer Ribbon Set
- Birds On A Branch Stencil
- Brown Jewel Dazzles™
- Brown Thin Lines Dazzles™
- 3 Lacy Labels Cutting Die Set
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Mini Squeegee
- Translucent Embossing Paste
- Splash Micro Beads, Grass Micro Beads, Bronze Micro Beads
- Beautiful Words Sticky Stencil
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Stencil Tape
- scrap paper
- Front: Trim your card to a 5” square, then place with the fold at the left. Cover the card with Trail Blazer leaf border paper with the border at the left side. Ink the edges dark brown. Place the Brown Thin Lines Dazzles™ across the bottom and top edges as shown.
- Use the large label cutting die and your die cutting machine to cut 1 each from Trail Blazer green/teal textured paper and Trail Blazer light brown textured paper. Glue the frame to Trail Blazer brown wood paper and trim the edges even with the frame. Ink the edges brown. Ink the edges of the light brown textured inner label. Set aside the remaining die cut pieces for another project.
- Place the stencil on your piece of scrap paper with the large perched bird image on the paper. Use a pencil to trace the shape onto the paper. Remove the stencil and cut out the shape.
- Take the light brown label and lightly tape it in place on your work surface. Place the Birds On A Branch Stencil with the bird, branch, and leaves image on the right and middle portion of the label as shown. Tape the stencil in place. Mask the branch and leaves openings on the stencil, leaving the perched bird exposed. Also mask any other images that overlap the label with scrap paper or tape. Obtain a small amount of Translucent Embossing Paste with the mini squeegee and apply it across the bird. With the stencil still in place, add the Splash Micro Beads over the bird image and press lightly in place. Take the paper bird shape and place it on the beaded bird, taping a couple of the edges so it holds in place. Remove any excess Micro Beads from the branch/leaves area with tape as needed. Remove the mask from the branch/leaves and apply translucent embossing paste across the branch/leaves. Add Grass Micro Beads to the branch and leaves. Carefully lift the tape and stencil. Wash and dry the stencil. Set the label aside to dry, at least 1 hour. When dry, use the “Joy” Sticky Stencil to add the word (without the heart) to the label with translucent embossing paste. Remove the stencil, then add Bronze Micro Beads to the wet embossing paste. Let dry. Wash and dry the Joy stencil.
- Glue the die cut frame centered on the card front. Foam tape the label with bird/branch image centered inside the frame. Place Brown Jewel Dazzles™ on the frame as desired. Use brown jute twine to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the edge of the label as shown.