You're in my thoughts
You're in my thoughts
By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Designer's Tip: Surfacez ink pads have a flat linen surface that makes it easy to ink this embossed post card image without disturbing the background too much. The embossed areas take on a pretty velvety finish!
- Stolen Moments Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Stolen Moments Ribbon Set
- Postcard Embossing Folder
- Gold Jewel Dazzles™
- Gold Jewel Border Dazzles™
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template
- Heartfelt Greetings
- 4"x6" Acrylic Block
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Fudge SurfaceZ ink pad
- Evergreen Bough Distress Ink Pad, Mowed Lawn Distress Ink Pad
- Stylus Handle & 6 Pads
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Stolen Moments brown stripes paper. Cut a 6 1/8"x4 5/8" Stolen Moments aqua/brown flourishes paper and ink the edges with fudge ink. Mat on Stolen Moments yellow flourishes paper with 1/16" borders. Ink the edges with fudge ink and glue centered on the card front.
- Use the Embossing/Die-Cutting machine and embossing folder to emboss the image on yellow flourishes paper. Trim the edges evenly. Take the fudge ink pad and hold it face down on the embossed areas, gently pressing the pad against the embossed design and moving in a circular motion. Mat on aqua textured paper with 1/16" borders. Ink the edges with fudge ink, then foam tape centered on the card front.
- Use the stylus and blender tips to add evergreen bough Distress Ink to the flower petals, border and stamp on the embossed design. Add mowed lawn ink to the leaves.
- Use the template to trace a "Bracket Label A" shape from aqua textured paper. Stamp "You're in my thoughts" centered on the label with fudge ink. Ink the edges with fudge ink and mat on brown stripes paper with 1/16" borders. Foam tape to the lower right portion of the Post Card embossed rectangle. Use 1/4" wide brown sheer ribbon to tie a bow, then Zot it near the Bracket Label. Embellish the embossed Post Card image with Gold Jewel Dazzles and the top and bottom edges of the card with Gold Jewel Border Dazzles.