By Susan Cobb
Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Create a simple but beautiful card focal using white stencil paste with the Dahlia stencil on 2 shades of aqua cardstock. Align fourths of the images together to make a large focal.
- Dahlia Stencil
- Mini Squeegee
- Unforgettable Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Unforgettable Ribbon Assortment
- Family & Friends White Dazzles™
- White Cards & Envelopes
- 8"x8" Cardstock for Princess Papers
- White Embossing Paste
- Medium Zots™
- Knife & Refill
- Perfect Cutting Mat
- Perfect Ruler Tool
- Stencil Tape
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Font: Corinthia Professional 24pt
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with Unforgettable striped paper.
- Place the Dahlia stencil on aqua cardstock and secure the edges with stencil tape. Cover the butterfly images with stencil tape. Use the mini squeegee to apply white embossing paste smoothly across the open areas of the dahlia image. Carefully lift the tape and stencil. Wash and dry the stencil. Repeat for a second dahlia image on light aqua cardstock. Let the images dry.
- Turn both dahlia images so they are in the same direction. Cut each image in half vertically, then horizontally. Match up 2 light aqua fourths and 2 aqua fourths together so the colors repeat diagonally and you have 1 large square. Glue the pieces onto a 5" square of Unforgettable purple textured paper, leaving 1/16" space between the inside edges of the squares. Trim the outer edges of the cardstock even with the purple paper. Mat on Unforgettable purple textured paper with 1/16" borders. Foam tape centered on the card.
- Stencil the large and small butterfly images onto Unforgettable purple textured paper with white texture paste and let dry. Cut out each butterfly leaving a 1/16" border around the edges. Foam tape the larger butterfly angled onto the dahlia on the card as shown. Place Friends & Family Dazzles "Friend" as shown. Use white glimmer ribbon to tie a bow and Zot it on the lower left portion of the card.
- Inside: Cut a 5"x1 1/2" of Unforgettable striped paper and glue it even with the bottom of the card. Write or computer print sentiment on light green textured paper and trim to a 2 1/2"x1 1/8" rectangle. Mat on Unforgettable purple textured paper with 1/16" borders. Glue it centered on the striped paper, overlapping the paper and the card. Glue the remaining stenciled butterfly angled on the lower left corner of the sentiment as shown.