Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
Layouts for the Busy Scrapper
About the Layouts
Technique: Layouts for the Busy Scrapper
Designers: LeNae Gerig & Paris Dukes
Designer scrapbook pages are just minutes away! See just how easy scrapbooking can be with these layouts from LeNae and Paris using the Busy Scrappers Solution collections.
By LeNae Gerig
Get ready to scrapbook all those photos youll take on your upcoming Disney vacation (or those photos that just havent made it into your album yet) with the new Busy Scrappers Solution Disney Papers. This collection includes pre-coordinated Princess Papers, Mickey Mouse papers and Magic Kingdom papers with all your favorite characters and rides, plus alphabet tiles and artwork to match. LeNae created this colorful Disneyland layout with this versatile collection and just a few other supplies like brads and ribbonDisney scrapbooking couldnt be easier!
- Use the blue stars with word border paper as the background with the border running along the top edge. Cut a 13" length of red grosgrain ribbon and lay it across the page, 3/8" down from the printed border. Wrap the ends of the ribbon around the edges of the paper and secure on the back with clear tape, then add one silver brad to each end of the ribbon on the front of the page. Cut out tag alphabet tiles to spell Disneyland and use foam tape to secure them evenly spaced across the ribbon length.
- Mat two vertical photos on white cardstock, trimming the mats to 1/16". Mat each again on black cardstock, trimming the mats to 1/8". Glue the photos centered under the Disneyland title on the blue stars portion of the background paper.
- Cut out the Happiest place on Earth! artwork and Dreams really do come true! ribbon fragment. Use foam tape to secure the artwork in the top left corner of the left photo and glue the ribbon fragment extending across the bottom edge of the left photo.
- Cut out the smile word fragment and glue it in the top right corner of the right photo. Computer journal onto white cardstock and trim to an uneven rectangle, as shown (uneven rectangles can be achieved by trimming one side of the journaling block shorter than the other, then trimming the top or bottom edge at an angle). Mat the journaling on black cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/16". Cut a 2" length of red grosgrain ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Fold the ribbon length in half and secure the folded end behind the right edge of the matted journaling block. Glue the journaling overlapping the bottom edge of the right photo.
By Paris Dukes
Feeling overwhelmed by that box of birthday photos? Not to worry! Birthdays are one of the most popular events to scrapbook (afterall, everybody has them!). Now you can scrapbook all those photos quickly and easily with Busy Scrappers Solution Birthday Papers. Its perfect for birthday photos of men, women, boys and girls of any age. Paris used papers, alphabet tiles and artwork from this collection to create this fun Birthday Wishes page, then accented it with colorful ribbon and fun Loopy Brads for texture and dimension.
- Use the blue dots with border paper as the background with the border running down the left edge. Cut out the birthday wishes title and glue it vertically, centered over the purple ribbon printed on the background paper border. Cut two 3" lengths of lime grosgrain ribbon and trim the tails of each at an angle. Tie one ribbon each around the loops on two Loopy Brads. Add the brads to the purple ribbon portion of the page border, overlapping the top and bottom edges of the birthday wishes title.
- Mat two 4 1/2"x3 3/4" photos on green dots paper, trimming the mats to 1/4". Glue the photos centered over the blue dots portion of the background paper with one photo 1/2" from the top edge of the page and the other photo 5/8" from the bottom edge of the page.
- Cut an 8" length of lime grosgrain ribbon and lay it across the page, centered between the two photos. Wrap the right end of the ribbon around the right edge of the page and secure on the back with clear tape. Cut a 3" length of lime grosgrain ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Tie the ribbon around the loop on a Loopy Brad and use the brad to secure the loose end of the long ribbon length to the page. Cut out alphabet tiles to spell the name, then use foam tape to secure them across the ribbon length.
- Cut out the checklist artwork and use a black pen to accent. Glue the checklist at an angle in the bottom right corner of the page. Trim the tails of a 3" length of lime grosgrain ribbon at an angle and tie the length around one Loopy Brad, then add the brad to the top of the checklist. Cut out a number tile to represent the age and use foam tape to secure it in the bottom right corner of the page, overlapping the checklist.
By LeNae Gerig
Youll love the Busy Scrappers Solution Boys: Baby & Toddler Papers for fast and fabulous boy pages, no matter what the age. We know that baby boys turn into toddlers, and with a toddler in the house, you already have a lot on your hands! Thats why we designed the colors and artwork in this collection to take you through the baby years, past the Terrible Twos and all the way into pre-school with ease. From sweet yellow and blue color schemes to bold reds, blues and oranges, youll always have just the right supplies to scrapbook your special little boy. (And for your daughters, dont forget to check out the Busy Scrappers Solution Girls: Baby & Toddler Papers, too!)
- Use the blue circles with stripe border paper as the background with the border running along the bottom edge. Mat a vertical photo on white cardstock, trimming the mat to 1/16". Mat again on red plaid paper, trimming the mat to 3/8", then on dark blue textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/8". Glue the matted photo 1 1/4" from the left edge and 1" from the top edge of the page. Add the sleepy boy fragment overlapping both the bottom edge of the photo and the photo mats.
- Mat both a 2 1/2"x2" photo and a 2 1/2"x5 1/2 photo on white cardstock, trimming the mats to 1/16". Mat both photos again on dark blue textured paper, trimming the mats to 1/8". Glue the small photo 1 1/4" from the right edge and 1" from the top edge of the page and glue the long photo centered 1/2" below the small photo.
- Cut out the 1, 2 and 3 number tags and use a black pen to write It makes him sleepy on each of the tags. Use foam tape to secure the tags in the top corners of the photos, as shown.
- Computer journal 3 Reasons to Walk with Mommy onto ivory cardstock and crop. Mat the journaling on dark blue textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/16", and glue at an angle over the top right corner of the largest photo. Cut a 2" length of red/white gingham ribbon and trim the tails at an angle. Fold the length in half and use a Zot to secure the folded end to the left end of the journaling. Use another Zot to attach one red button on top of the folded end of the ribbon.
- Computer journal onto ivory cardstock and crop. Mat on dark blue textured paper, trimming the mat to 1/16". Glue the journaling centered under the largest photo. Cut two 2" lengths of red/white gingham ribbon and trim the tails of each at an angle. Fold each length in half and use Zots to secure the folded ends to the left edge of the journaling block and to attach one red button on top of each of the folded ribbon ends. Use Zots to attach three dark blue buttons to the red ribbon portion of the printed page border, centered just under the long photo.
Love the idea of easy scrapbooking with pre-coordinated papers and embellishments to match? Just click here to check out the whole line of Busy Scrappers Solution collections including these three collections plus eight others! Theyre perfect for the busy scrapper whos always on the go and for the beginner looking for easy ways to create coordinated designer layouts.