By Erica Hettwer
Click to Enlarge
Designer Tip: Adding a circle to a mostly linear layout breaks up all the harsh lines and gives your page a nice sense of movement.
- Geometric Paper Pack
- Geometrics Ribbon Collection
- Geometric Pyramid Papier Tole
- Easy Circles Template
- Knife & Refill
- Medium Zots™
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- Black .01 Precision Pen
- Font-Birch Std.
- Cut out a 9" circle of green Geometrics paper and glue to yellow Geometrics paper leaving a 1/8" mat. Glue to teal/grey Geometrics background 1" from the bottom edge and 2" from the left side. Cut a 3"x12" multi chevron Geometrics paper and mat with black Geometrics paper leaving an 1/8" border on the long edges. Cut a 12" yellow 1/2" grosgrain ribbon and Zot 3/8" from the right side of a 12" blue 2" mesh ribbon. Zot ribbons to the chevron paper 1/2" from right side.
- Glue your 7"x5" photo to yellow paper leaving a 1/8" mat. Glue to the page 2 5/8" from left and 3" from the top. Assemble chevron border Papier Tole with foam tape, then foam tape 1 1/4" from the right side and 1 1/2" from the top. Trace and cut out of yellow paper an extra artwork star shape and foam tape a smaller extra artwork piece on top. Foam tape to the lower left corner of your photo as shown.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x2 1/4", a 1 1/2"x1/2", and a 3"x1 1/4" grey Geometrics paper and write or computer print your title and journaling on them. Glue your journaling to black paper leaving a 1/8" mat and glue as shown. Glue your smaller journaling to Geometrics green paper leaving a 1/16" mat. Glue as shown.
- Foam tape the title to yellow paper leaving a 1/8" mat on the upper, lower and right edges. Repeat with Geometrics green paper. Repeat with Geometrics black paper and a 1/16" border. Foam tape to left edge of page 1/4" from the top. Cut 3/4" off of a 1 3/4" extra artwork and foam tape to the leftover piece. Glue to the right side of the title, tucking the cut edge just underneath.