Summer page: Happiness
Summer page: "Happiness"
By LeNae Gerig
Click to Enlarge
Designer: Tip: Create a garden like page for your summer photos by mixing and matching Batik papers with a common color scheme of purple, mauve and lime green.
- Batik Paper Pack
- Batik Ribbon Set
- 20 Blossoms Template
- White Round Brads
- 3-D Foam Squares Variety Pack
- White, lime and purple cardstocks
- Cut and mat a 11”x1 1/2” strip of green batik paper with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue to the center of the blue paper, 1” from the top.
- Mat a 4”x6” photo with white cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border, a ½” border of purple batik and a 1/8” border of lime cardstock. Glue 11/4” from the left and 3 ½” from the top of the page. Mat two 2”x3” photos with both lime and purple cardstocks, leaving 1/16” and 1/8” borders. Glue a folded length of mauve ribbon at the top back and glue overlapping the bottom of the green batik border.
- Write on white cardstock and tear around paragraph. Ink the edges black and glue to the right of the large photo.
- Cut the following flower shapes from green, purple and mauve Batik papers: 1B, 2B, 3C, 2D, 3D and 4D. Mat with both white and some purple cardstocks. Layer with foam tape as shown and secure white brads to the centers. Glue and foam tape to the page using folded lengths of sheer lime swirl ribbon as leaves and loops of sheer lavender ribbon glued under 3 flowers as leaves.