Project comments (0)
| Write a comment
About the Pages
Technique: Brad Buddies
Designers: Laura Nicholas & LeNae Gerig
Brad Buddies are so perfect for adorning slide mounts, accenting a block of journaling, creating cute card focals and more. To attach a Brad Buddy to your project, simply lay the Brad Buddy in place and mark the holes with a pencil. Remove the Brad Buddy and punch a hole over each pencil mark, then replace the Brad Buddy and insert the brads into the holes. It's quick and easy!
Read on for Laura and LeNae's latest Brad Buddy projects, including LeNae's sweet Easter card that's just in time for April 8th!
It's All Happening at the Zoo
By Laura Nicholas
- Ink the edges of the yellow striped paper and place it with the stripes running vertically. Mat a 3 1/2"x5 1/2" photo on brown swirls paper and trim the mat to 1/8". Foam tape the photo 1" from the right edge and even with the top edge of the page.
- Computer journal It's all happening at the... on yellow textured paper, crop to a tab shape and ink the edges. Foam tape the tab down the right edge of the photo mat. Computer journal onto yellow textured paper, crop to a tag shape and ink the edges. Glue the tag at an angle to the left of the photo.
- Place four slide mounts with the black side up and sand the edges. Glue a photo behind two of the slide mounts, trimming any excess photo even with the edges of the slide mount. Glue yellow textured paper behind the other two slide mounts, wrapping ribbon around the bottom of one and tying the ribbon tails into a bow.
- Glue the slide mounts down the left side of the page: A photo slide mount on top, then the ribbon-wrapped slide mount, the other photo slide mount, then the other yellow paper slide mount. Add an elephant and a lion Brad Buddy to the yellow paper slide mounts.
- Sand the black sides of three more slide mounts. Add a photo to two of the slide mounts, then tie ribbon around one edge of the remaining slide mount and add yellow textured paper to the window. Glue the slide mounts across the bottom of the page with the yellow paper slide mount on the right. Add the zoo Brad Buddy to the yellow paper slide mount.
By LeNae Gerig
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with green floral paper, placing the colored flowers in the bottom left corner. Glue a 1"-wide strip of pink plaid paper even with the fold, trimming any excess even with the card edges. Glue the border cut-out across the seams between the two papers, trimming the excess.
- Glue the left ends of the bunny rabbits, flowers and butterflies ribbon fragment cut-outs overlapping on the left end of the border. Tie 7" of ribbon into a bow and use a Zot to attach the bow over the ends of the cut-outs.
- Add an Easter Bunny Brad Buddy to the bottom right corner of the card front using the included brads.
For the Card Inside:
- Glue a 1 1/2"x3 3/4" strip of green floral paper down the left side of the card inside.
- Computer journal Happy Easter! in blue ink on white cardstock, crop and ink the edges. Mat on pink plaid paper, trimming the mat to 1/8". Glue the sentiment overlapping the top right edge of the green floral strip. Use a Zot to attach a knot of ribbon over the left end of the journaling.
- Add an Easter basket Brad Buddy below the sentiment using the included brads.
Brad Buddies make the cutest embellishments and focals for any project! Just click here to check out all 29 versatile themes.