Happy New Year! card
By Ann Bernklau
Ann's Tip: Use the row of dots on the template to create fun borders around your stars. The foil paper looks stunning against a black background.
|| - indicates that the product page has a video demo.
- With the fold on the left, cover the card front with black cardstock. Cut out a 9 1/2" star from the Metallic Dots paper. Use an X-acto® knife to cut out the 7 1/4", 5 1/4", and 3 1/4" stars within the large star. Glue the largest star to the card and trim off the points so it is flush with the edges of the card.
- Cut out a 5 1/4" star from Holographic Stars and glue to the center of the card tilted to the left.
- Take the 5 1/4" Metallic Dots hollow star and back it with black cardstock. Write "Happy New Year!" on it with white gel pen. Glue the star to the center of the card.
- Create dot borders along the edges of the Metallic Dots stars using the dots on the template. On the outer star, make dashes between each dot.
- Inside the card: Cut out a 7 1/4" star from Metallic Dots and trim to fit inside card. Glue to the center. Cut out a 5 1/4" star from Holographic Stars and glue onto the Metallic Dots star. Cut out a 3 1/4" star from black cardstock. Write "Celebrate!" on it with white gel pen and glue to center.
If you enjoy this newsletter, please pass it on to a friend! If you received this newsletter from a friend and want to sign up for your own copy, please click here. And if you no longer want to receive Creative Spark, let us know by clicking here.
© 2010 Hot Off The Press, Inc.
1250 NW Third Avenue, Canby, OR, 97013