Why stamp on a scrapbook page? That’s a good question. For me stamps give me the option of creating my own backgrounds for pages, my own custom borders (I created a journaling border on this page) and they also let me control the colors that I choose for my page.
Using stamps lets you create your own unique embellishments. I can stamp direct to paper, like I did on the white border, or I can cut the image out like I did with the brackets and arrow or I can stamp directly onto the photo, using StazOn™ permanent ink.
For the “Family Movie Night” page I chose brown and black papers from Dots and Stripes and I was able to use both brown and black inks with the stamps to keep this color scheme consistent.
"Family Movie Night"
Designer: LeNae Gerig
- Dots & Stripes Papers
- Journaling Acrylic Stamps
- Theatre Brad Buddies™
- Acrylic block
- Black StazOn inkpad
- Brown inkpad
- Glue stick
- 12x12 white cardstock
- Sanding block
- Fine tip black pen
- Cut a 9 1/2”x12” rectangle of brown striped paper and a 5/8”x12” strip of black dot paper. Glue the black dot to the back left edge of the brown stripe. Glue the brown stripe to the brown dot paper, 1 1/2” from the left edge.
- Cut a 3 1/4”x12” strip of white cardstock. Use the wide block of lines and stamp repeatedly, close to the left edge, down the length of the strip. Alternate stamping black and brown swirls on the right side of the strip.
- Use the words “What, Location, Time, Date and Memory” on lines at the top of the strip. Adhere the white strip 1/8” from the right edge of the brown striped paper.
- Lightly sand the star and theatre face Brad Buddies™ and secure over the swirl border. Journal around them as you fill in the lines on the border. Secure three 4”x6” photos to the left of the border. Stamp the star border at the corner of one photo. Stamp black brackets on white cardstock and cut out. Glue to the left side of the two lower photos. Stamp a white arrow and journal on the center. Glue near the bottom photo.
- Journal the page title at the top of a large tan tag cutout, and glue to the left of the top photo. Secure the sanded clapper board Brad Buddy™ below.