Homemade with Love Album
By Laura Nicholas
Laura's Designer Tip
- Mix stamped images with punch-outs.
- Embellish the stamped images with colored pencils.
- Remove the posts of the album to ink the edges.
- Finished in a Flash, Kitchen
- Yummy Kitchen Stamps
- 8x8 Sara Surface album
- Foam tape
- Glue dots
- Colored pencils
- Staz-on ink pad, Black and Brown
- Black pen
- White cardstock
- Remove the posts from album and ink the album brown. Cut a 1" strip of red texture paper and ink the edges brown. Glue to the spine of the album and add holes for the posts.
- Cut the striped paper to 7 ½" x 8 ½" and ink the edges brown. Glue to the front of the album. Cut the red texture paper to 1 ¼" x 8 ½" and ink the edges brown. Glue along the spine overlapping the striped paper. Stamp the scalloped image with black onto white cardstock and cut out along the edge. Glue along the edge of the red paper.
- Cover the inside front and back covers with green checked papers. Wrap the front cover with yellow ribbon. Glue dot a bow to the ends of the ribbon. Add posts back to the album.
- Cut the blue texture paper to 4" x 5 ½" and ink the edges black. Stamp "From my Kitchen" on a 1 ¼" strip of white cardstock and glue across the blue paper. Edge the strip with the scalloped border stamp, then mat with red texture paper. Add mini brads to the corners and pen stitching.
- Stamp the "Homemade" circle and add "with love" to the lines. Add a heart and color with pencils. Cut out and ink the edges. Glue to the top of the blue mat.
- Add pen stitching to the apron Brad Buddy. Secure to the mat with heart brads. Glue dot a bow to the top of the apron. Glue punch-outs around the mat and foam tape to the front of the album.
- Inside page: Cut the blue texture paper to 8" x 8". Cut a 3 ¼" strip of apple border and ink the edges brown. Glue to the right edge of the page. Add apple brads to the border.
- Print a recipe onto white cardstock and trim. Ink the edges brown and mat with yellow texture paper. Stamp images onto the recipe card and color with pencils. Stamp "Ingredients" and "Directions" onto the recipe.
- Wrap seam of papers with red ribbon and glue dot a bow.