Tip: When using the punch & emboss sets with cardstock or heavyweight paper, very lightly spritz the punched shape with water before placing it in the embossing tool. This will allow the paper fibers to stretch as they're embossed, preventing cracking or tearing. I found I didn't need to spritz the paper in this kit because of its weight; however, I did spritz the cardstock before embossing it.
- For the card & first panel: Use the pattern to trace and cut three squares from pink cardstock and two from tan cardstock. Set a pink square aside for the box. Cut 2½"x2½" tan floral paper and glue centered on a pink square. Follow the directions in the newsletter to cover a circle slide mount with pink cardstock.
- Cut the “magic” overlay to fit behind the slide mount and secure with tape. Glue floral border paper behind the overlay and place “for” and “you” Dazzles™ as shown. Cut a mauve lace daisy in half and glue one half behind the lower left corner of the slide mount. Foam tape the slide mount to the panel.
- Punch and emboss two pink cardstock, one tan cardstock, and three pink paper large flowers (see tip above). Punch and emboss two pink cardstock, two pink paper, and one tan cardstock small flowers. Assemble four flowers as shown, placing tape between the layers, then glue as shown. Punch and emboss eight leaves from green cardstock and glue as shown. Place jewel Dazzles™ in the flower centers.
- For the second panel: Cut a 12"x1⅝" pink striped paper, then cut three 3¼" sections. Glue one section vertically to a tan square, ¼" from the left edge, and trim the excess. Cover a square slide mount with ivory textured paper. Cut the teacup overlay to fit behind the slide mount and glue. Back with pink floral paper. Place “celebrate” Dazzles™ as shown and glue the slide mount centered on the panel. Knot a 3" pink fiber and glue to the upper left corner.
- For the third panel: Glue a striped paper from step 4 to a pink square as before and trim the excess. Cover a circle slide mount with ivory textured paper. Cut the cake overlay to fit behind the slide mount and secure with tape. Back the slide mount with tan floral paper. Place the Dazzles™ words as shown, then glue the slide mount centered on the panel. Tie a pink fiber bow and glue to the upper right corner.
- For the fourth panel: Glue a striped paper from step 4 to a tan square as before and trim the excess. Cover a square slide mount with pink cardstock, then cut the rose overlay to fit behind it. Use tape to secure, then back the slide mount with pink floral paper. Place Dazzles™ words as shown, then glue a 1" folded pink fiber behind the lower right corner and the second lace daisy half behind that. Foam tape the slide mount to the panel.
- Punch and emboss a pink cardstock and pink paper large flower. Punch and emboss an ivory paper small flower and three green cardstock leaves. Assemble and glue as shown, then place a jewel Dazzles™ in the center.
- Assembling: Turn the first panel face down and place a small flip-flop fastener in each lower corner, half extending off the edge. Flip the panel over and place the second panel on the exposed sticky fasteners, aligning it with the first panel. Repeat to add the third and fourth panels, making sure the two center panels can easily fold in on each other. Accordion-fold the card with the first panel facing upward.
- For the box: Place the box in a well-protected and ventilated area and spray with paint. Let dry. Spray two more times, allowing it to dry after each coat. Mat the remaining pink square on tan cardstock with 1/16" borders. Cut 2¾"x2¾" tan floral paper and wrap pink fiber across it ¾" from the top, gluing the ends to the back. Glue the paper centered on the pink square.
- Glue a pink lace daisy in the square center. Make a pink fiber bow and glue to the daisy at the upper left. Punch and emboss one tan cardstock and one pink floral paper large flower. Punch and emboss two tan cardstock, two pink cardstock, and two ivory paper small flowers. Assemble the flowers as shown with tape between the layers. Punch and emboss three leaves from green cardstock, then glue the flowers and leaves as shown.
- Trace and cut a tag from pink cardstock. Place the Dazzles™ words on it, then mat on tan cardstock with 1/32" borders. Glue and foam tape in place, tucking it under the paper flowers. Place jewel Dazzles™ on the flower centers, then use tape to secure the square centered on the box lid. Tuck the folded card in the box.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- March 2006 Personal Shopper Kit (link)
- Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ Gold (link)
- Gold Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Vintage Lace Daisy trim (link)
- Punch & Emboss punch sets: Small Flower (link), Medium Flower (link), Medium Leaf (link)
- Flip-Flop Fasteners (link)
- Craft knife (link)
- Cutting mat (link)
- Spritzer bottle (link)
- Ivory spray paint
- ¼" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)