Flowerpot Pocket Dear Friend Card
By Teresa Welch
Click to view large image
- Flower Pot Pocket Card cutting die set (link)
- Secret Garden 6"x6" patterned cardstock (link)
- Secret Garden solid cardstock (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Dark brown cardstock (link)
- Secret Garden #2 Flower cutting dies (link)
- Secret Garden #3 Flower cutting dies (link)
- Fancy Border Dazzles™ (link)
- White Ribbon Set (link)
- White craft thread
- Sage Wishing Bubbles & Baubles (link)
- Pine Tree Spectrum Noir Harmony ink pad (link)
- Crushed Velvet Spectrum Noir Harmony ink pad (link)
- Midnight Spectrum Noir Harmony ink pad (link)
- Plum Jam Spectrum Noir Harmony ink pad (link)
- Sponge Daubers (link)
- Bone folder (link)
- ⅛" circle punch
- Cosmic Shimmer Specialist Acrylic glue (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- ¼" Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Tape Runner adhesive (link)
- Gemini Jr. die cutting machine (link)
- Free Pattern Download (link)
Designer’s Tip: For this card, I shortened the flowerpot pocket ½" by scooting the die down off the folded cardstock before die cutting it. I also attached the flowers to the upper rim instead of attaching them to the insert as for the blue flowered card. I love discovering additional uses for dies!
- For the flowerpot: Fold 5"x8½" white cardstock in half, then place the pot die on it with the lower edge extending ½" off the fold. Die cut the pot. Trace and cut the front paper pattern from Secret Garden flower border cardstock and wrap a 5" length of ribbon across it, ½" from the bottom. Place a gold border Dazzles™ near the bottom edge, trimming the excess, then glue the cardstock centered on the card front.
- Make a 4-loop bow with ribbon and tie the center with thread. Glue the bow to the first ribbon near the left edge. Cut out the Secret Garden “to my dear friend” cutout and foam tape it just right of the bow. Place a heart bubble on the sentiment and a light green bubble on the bow center. Glue the pocket side edges together by running a narrow bead of acrylic glue near the side edges.
- Die cut the pot rim from white cardstock. Cut 3¾"x1⅜" Secret Garden green flourish cardstock and glue it to the rim, centered above the lacy edge. Place two gold border Dazzles™ along the lower edge of the green cardstock, trimming the excess. Foam tape the rim to the pot top so it extends ¼" above the upper edge.
- Die cut the three blossom layers for the Secret Garden flower die #3 twice from pink cardstock and once from blue cardstock. Die cut the medium centers from set #3 four times from brown cardstock. Die cut the three layers for flower set #2 from purple cardstock. Ink the edges of the pink blossoms with Plum Jam, the edges of the purple blossoms with Crushed Velvet, and the blue blossoms with Midnight. Die cut six leaves from green cardstock and ink the edges with Pine Tree, then use the bone folder to gently curve the leaf ends.
- Stack the blossom layers with foam tape between the layers. Glue a center onto each flower. Use Sticky tape to attach the leaves across the rim front as shown. Glue the first and third flowers and foam tape the second and fourth flowers to the rim, positioned as shown.
- For the insert: Die cut the insert from yellow cardstock. Cut 2½"x4¾" Secret Garden green border cardstock and glue it centered on the insert. Place narrow gold border Dazzles™ near the upper and lower edges, trimming the excess.
- Cut out the Secret Garden green banner and “many thanks” cutouts and glue them to the insert as shown. Punch a hole at the center top, ¼" from the top edge, and attach a 6" ribbon length to the hole. Tuck the insert into the pocket.