Designer tip: When dealing with the sparkle twine, make sure to rub some Tacky Glue about 1” to the right and left of where you’ll cut. This ensures your twine and sparkle will not unravel.
- With the fold on the left, cover the card front with poinsettia pattern paper. Ink the edges of 5”x3 3/4” of burgundy dot and glue across the card 1 1/4” from the top. Ink the edges of 5”x2 1/4” of cream texture (from the center of the poinsettia corner paper) and glue across the card 1 3/4” from the top. Stamp the window image on the left side of the cream piece, 1/4” from the left.
- Cut 1”x6 1/4” of green snowflake and cut a v-shaped notch in the bottom. Ink edges and glue to card starting at the top, 5/8” from the right.
- Stamp the window image onto the ultra smooth white cardstock with Jet Black StazOn®. Color the image with the following Spectrum Noir pens: DG3 for the background, DR1 & DR5 for the hat & coat, FS3 & FS6 for the face, EB7 for the hair, TB2 & TB3 for the scarf, buttons, and mittens, and TB6 for the bird.
- Cut out the colored image and glue on top of the stamped image so that the scarf lines up with the scarf fringe stamped on the cream strip (from step 1).
- Stamp “Just a little note to say…” on white cardstock and cut out. Ink edges and mat on blue dot, leaving a 1/8” border. Ink edges and glue centered on the green strip, 3” from the top. Stamp music notes along the green strip and to the right of window image as shown.
- Rub some Tacky glue on the end of the sparkle twine. Measure 8” of twine, then apply some more tacky glue before cutting the twine. Make 2 lengths of twine, using the Tacky glue for all the cut ends. Place the lengths together, then tie a bow using both. Trim ends as needed, then Zot™ the bow just below the greeting as shown. Ink all edges of the card using black ink and a cosmetic sponge.
- Inside: Cut 10”x6 1/2” of horizontal stripe paper and fold in half like the card, with the green stripe on the outside. Apply glue stick to the outside and place inside your card, with the fold touching the fold of the card. Close the card. Trim off any excess paper.
- Cut 5”x3 3/4” of smooth white cardstock. Score the piece vertically 1 1/2” from the left and fold. Open again and stamp the full sleigh centered on the fold with StazOn®. Stamp the walking girl to the right of the sleigh as shown. Stamp the greeting above the sleigh and a few music notes above the bird as shown. Ink the edges of the white cardstock black.
- Color the stamped images with the following Spectrum Noir pens: green- DG3; blues- TB2, TB5, TB6; skin- FS3; browns- GB 8, GB10; reds, DR1, DR5; essentials BGR1 (sleigh runners). Color the girl the same color as the front, with the boots TB9.
- Stamp the Sleigh shape stamp on the light blue HoneyPOP paper with the arrows parallel to the lines on the paper. Cut out. Apply glue stick to one side and glue it to the right side of the sleigh. Apply glue stick to the opposite side and carefully close the card. When opened, you should see your sleigh pop up!
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Christmas Sleigh HoneyPOP stamp set (link)
- Honeycomb Paper- Cools Set (link)
- Spectrum Noir Pens: Reds (link), Blues (link), Greens (link), Skin Tones (link), Essentials (link), Browns (link)
- Christmas Lace Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Silver Sparkle Twine (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Crafter’s Companion Ultra Smooth White Cardstock (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (link)