Designer’s Tip: To use a stamp positioning tool such as the MISTI, start by placing your paper inside the tool, aligning it on the inner grid. Position the stamp on the paper, then close the tool’s lid to pick up the stamp. Open the lid and apply ink to the stamp, then close the lid to stamp the image onto the paper. By leaving the stamp and paper in position, you can stamp multiple times and achieve a perfectly stamped image—or one with multiple ink colors on it. When you’re satisfied with the stamped image, remove the paper and stamp from the tool.
- Winter’s Garden Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Watercolor paper (link)
- Cardstocks: white, brown, red, green
- Layering Wreath & Pinecones stamp set (link)
- Green Jewel Border Dazzles (link)
- 14" of ¼" wide red sheer ribbon (link)
- Red embroidery thread
- Red adhesive pearls (link)
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss – Red Berry (link)
- LePlume II markers: Persimmon (link), Pine Green (link), Brown (link), Sepia (link), Olive Green (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- MISTI stamp positioning tool (link)
- Spritzer bottle (link), water, paper towels
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Specialist Acrylic Glue (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)
- For the card front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cut 4⅞"x6⅜" Winter’s Garden brown floral paper and 4⅞"x4½" green dotted paper. Glue the green paper across the center of the floral paper. Cut 1½"x6⅜" Winter’s Garden red holly paper and mat one long edge on Winter’s Garden brown paper with a 1/16" border. Glue it along the left edge of the floral paper.
- Cut ¾"x6⅜" Winter’s Garden striped paper and glue it to the red holly paper, ¼" from the left edge. Place border Dazzles™ along the long edges of the striped paper, trimming the excess. Place border Dazzles™ near the upper and lower edges of the green paper, trimming the excess. Glue the floral paper centered on the card front.
- Cut 3¼"x3¼" watercolor paper and follow the directions above to place it in the MISTI, position the pine wreath stamp in the center and attach the stamp to the lid. Use the Olive Green pen to color the stamp completely. Spritz it very lightly with water, then close the lid and press, holding it in place for 30 seconds to allow the ink to soak into the paper.
- Lift the lid and dab off any excess ink with a paper towel. Apply Pine Green ink to the inner and outer tips of the wreath sprigs, spritz lightly, and stamp over the first impression. Remove the paper from the tool and let it dry. Squeeze small dots of Red Berry crystal drops evenly spaced around the wreath and let them dry completely.
- Mat the wreath on green cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on red cardstock with very narrow borders. Mat it on white cardstock with 1/16" borders, then foam tape it to the front as shown. Make a 4-loop ribbon bow and tie the center with thread. Use double-sided tape to attach it to the wreath at the center top. Glue a pearl to the bow center.
- For the inside: Cut 4"x5⅜" Winter’s Garden red mesh paper and 4"x1½" tan striped paper. Stamp “holiday greetings” in the center of the tan strip with Timber Brown ink. Mat the long edges of the tan paper on Winter’s Garden brown paper, then glue it to the mesh paper, ⅜" from the bottom.
- Place border Dazzles™ across the tan paper near the upper and lower edges, trimming the excess. Mat the mesh paper on red cardstock with ⅛" borders and glue it to the inside center.
- Cut 3¼"x3¼" watercolor paper and place it in the MISTI, then repeat the stamping process to stamp the twig wreath in the center with the Brown pen. Remove the wreath, then stamp the individual twig around the wreath, first with Brown, then with the Sepia pen. When the wreath is dry, squeeze Red Berry berries on it as shown. Let the berries dry.
- Mat the wreath on brown cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on white cardstock with very narrow borders. Glue it to the inside, centering it over the greeting.
- Cut 1"x3" watercolor paper and place it in the MISTI. Ink the bow stamp’s second layer stamp with the Persimmon pen and stamp it on the paper. Remove the stamp and position the bow’s third layer stamp on the stamped image. Pick up the stamp with the lid, ink it with Brown, spritz, and stamp it onto the first image. Cut out the bow, then foam tape it to the twig wreath at the center bottom.