Designer's Tip: Foiled Fancies are beautiful, heavyweight, embossed, metallic die-cuts which are held together in a sheet by small connectors. To use the Fancies, simply cut the connectors holding them in place, then carefully trim off the remainder of any connectors along the edge of the die-cut. You can use them as is, or alter them with stamps, inks, a sanding block, embossing powders, alcohol pens, or other mediums and tools. For this page, I chose to turn them silver, simply by using StazOn® stamp cleaner and a paper towel! Foiled Fancies are gorgeous, no matter what you do to them!
- Christmas Wonder Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Christmas Wonder Scrapbooking Dazzles™ (link)
- Christmas Wonder Foiled Fancies (link)
- Christmas Wonder Paper Tole die-cuts (link)
- Metallic Gold specialty paper (link)
- Cardstocks: black, red (link)
- 22" of ¼" wide metallic red ribbon (link)
- 30" of ¾" wide yellow crepe ribbon (link)
- Yellow embroidery thread
- StazOn® Multi-Purpose ink cleaner (link)
- Paper towels
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 1 photo, trimmed to 4¾"x3¼"
- For the page: Place a Christmas Wonder black poinsettia corner paper with the flowers in the lower left corner. Wrap a yellow ribbon across it 2" from the bottom and glue the ends to the back. Mat the photo on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on Gold paper with ⅛" borders. Mat on red cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue the photo as shown.
- Cut the three ornaments shown off the Foiled Fancies sheet, cutting off the connectors. Spritz one ornament with the StazOn® cleaner and wipe off with a paper towel. Continue until the ornament is silver. Repeat with the other two ornaments.
- Foam tape the tall ornament overlapping the photo at the upper right, then cut red ribbon to extend as a hanger from the page top down behind the ornament. Glue the ribbon in place, wrapping and gluing the upper end to the page back.
- Glue the round ornament and foam tape the oval ornament as shown, again gluing ribbon hangers from them and over the page top. Tie a red bow and glue to the center ornament top. Cut two 3" red ribbons, knot each, and glue a knot to each of the remaining ornaments.
- Punch out the Christmas Wonder label paper tole pieces and follow the package directions to assemble with foam tape between the layers. Foam tape to the page, overlapping the photo at the lower right.
- Place the leaves of a holly cluster Dazzles™ on Christmas Wonder green tapestry paper and cut along the edges. Glue it overlapping the photo at the upper left. Place “Christmas Wonder” Dazzles™ above the photo as shown.
- Make a 4-loop bow with the remaining yellow ribbon and tie the center with thread. Glue to the first yellow ribbon, 2¾" from the left page edge. Place a bow Dazzles™ in the ribbon bow center. Place the remaining Dazzles™ on the page as shown.