Card Style: Twisted Gatefold This card style is reversible! Copy and cut out the pattern, then score on the lines. Crease the vertical scores in valley folds and the diagonal scores in mountain folds, then decorate your card. Or, reverse the folding so the vertical scores are mountain folds and the diagonal scores are valley folds, turn the card over, and decorate it! The card swings open from the left or the right, depending upon how you’ve folded those scores. Be sure to check out the Twisted Gatefold Birthday and Twisted Gatefold Warm Heart cards in the Folded Cards chapter of the 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD for more versions of this card style.
- 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD (link)
- Ruby Rose Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: maroon, dark gray, light gray
- Fantastic Frames & Phrases Scrapbooking Dazzles™ (link)
- Silver Jewel Border Dazzles™ (link)
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Glitter Foil (link)
- Scoring tool
- Bone folder (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- For the card & front: Trace and cut the card base pattern shown below from maroon cardstock, then score on the dashed lines. Crease the vertical scores in valley folds and the diagonal scores in mountain folds.
- Cut a 2⅜"x4⅞" rectangle each from Ruby Rose small floral and gray diamonds papers. Cut the floral paper in half diagonally from the upper left corner to the lower right, then glue each triangle on a front flap.
- Cut the gray paper in half diagonally from the upper right corner to the lower left. Unfold the card’s front flaps just on the diagonal creases and glue the gray papers to the triangles under those front flaps. Close the card. Place border Dazzles™ along the long outer edges of the floral papers, trimming the excess.
- Place the “thank you” frame Dazzles™ on Glitter Foil sheet and cut along the edges. Discard the backing from the glitter sheet and place it on maroon cardstock. Trim the cardstock, leaving 1/16" borders, then mat it on dark gray cardstock with 1/16" borders.
- With the card closed, center the greeting on the front and glue it just to the left triangular flap. Cut 2" of a border Dazzles™ and place it centered on the lower frame of the greeting. Place the remaining black and silver Dazzles™ on the front flaps as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 2⅜"x4⅞" Ruby Rose mauve diamonds paper and place border Dazzles™ along the long edges, trimming the excess. Glue the rectangle centered on the inside middle panel.
- Place the 1¾"x3¼" flower frame Dazzles™ on Glitter sheet and trim along the edges. Discard the backing from the glitter sheet and place the frame on light gray cardstock. Trim the edges, leaving 1/16" borders on the frame. Mat it on maroon cardstock with very narrow borders, then glue the frame centered on the middle panel.
- Place “you’re the best” Dazzles™ inside the frame and a butterfly Dazzles™ above and one below the sentiment. Place jewel Dazzles™ on the butterflies.