Card Style: Folder Pocket Card This card is fun and easy—and the pockets aren’t even glued in place! They’re folded in and held secure just by closing the card. Be sure to check out the Folder Pocket Christmas and Folder Pocket Birthday cards in the Pocket Cards chapter of the 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD for more versions of this card style.
- 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD (link)
- Ruby Rose Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Ruby Rose Embellishment Bottle (link)
- Cardstocks: pink, gray
- Fantastic Frames & Phrases Scrapbooking Dazzles™ (link)
- Pink Jewel Border Dazzles™ (link)
- Pink Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Sparkle & Shine sheets (link)
- Chantilly Mixed Blooms, Mauve (link)
- Scoring tool, bone folder (link), ruler (link)
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Specialist Acrylic glue (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 2 gift cards
- For the card & front: Cut 9"x12" gray cardstock and score it in half both directions. With the cardstock placed vertically, cut from the score at the center bottom up to the score on the left edge. Repeat, cutting from the score at the center bottom up to the score on the right edge.
- Fold the bottom up on the crosswise score and crease well. Fold the left side over the right to close the card, then place it with the fold on the left. Cut 4⅜"x5⅞" Ruby Rose gray border paper with the border on the left and glue it centered on the card front. Place two border Dazzles™ on the paper near the right edge, trimming the excess.
- Place the “hello” frame Dazzles™ on Ruby Rose pink diamonds paper and trim along the edges. Mat it on pink cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on pink Sparkle sheet with ⅛" borders. Discard the backing from the Sparkle sheet and mat it on gray cardstock, then on pink cardstock, both with 1/16" borders. Foam tape the greeting to the front, 1⅜" from the top.
- Use double-sided tape to attach a 2" bloom to the front, overlapping the greeting’s lower right corner. Place a 1" and a ⅝" butterfly Dazzles™ on pink Sparkle sheet and cut along the edges. Place the two butterflies and a dragonfly Dazzles™ as shown, then add a tiny butterfly to the greeting. Glue a pearl to the corners of the greeting and decorate the front with jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- For the inside: Trace and cut the left and right pocket paper patterns shown below from Ruby Rose gray/mauve diamonds paper. Place two border Dazzles™ along the long edge of each paper, trimming the excess. Glue the papers centered on the appropriate pocket panels.
- Place “it’s your day” and two heart Dazzles™ on the left pocket as shown, then decorate the hearts with jewel Dazzles™. Place the “celebrate” frame Dazzles™ on Ruby Rose mauve diamonds paper and cut along the edges. Glue the frame centered on a 3⅝"x3⅝" square of pink cardstock.
- Place stars and confetti Dazzles™ in the “celebrate” frame, then decorate it with jewel Dazzles™. Glue the square to the right pocket front so it extends beyond the pocket’s edge. Tuck a gift card in each pocket.