Card Style: Envelope-Fold Pop-Out
This card is called an envelope-fold because, when it’s closed and turned horizontally, it looks like a closed envelope. However, because the outside is decorated, you’ll definitely want to tuck it inside an envelope before mailing it! To display the card, open both panels and pull the two scores on the pop-out panel forward so the card stands upright. To close it, gently push those scores back toward the back panels and close the left flap over the right, tucking the edge under the Sparkle frame. Be sure to check out the Envelope-Fold Pop-Out Holiday and Envelope-Fold Pop-Out Friendship cards in the Pop-Up Cards chapter of the 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD for more versions of this card style.
- 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD (link)
- Ruby Rose Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: gray, pink, maroon
- Fantastic Frames & Phrases Scrapbooking Dazzles™ (link)
- Pink Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Pearl adhesive sheets (link)
- Rose Spray cutting die set (link)
- Stitched Squares cutting die set (link)
- Die cutting machine (link)
- Scoring tool, bone folder (link)
- Repositionable tape
- Foam tape (link)
- Specialist Acrylic Glue (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- For the card: Cut 10¼"x6½" maroon cardstock and place it horizontally. Score it vertically 2⅛", 2¼", and 6¼" from the left end. Crease all the scores in mountain folds, then unfold.
- For the inside: Cut 7½"x6¼" Ruby Rose maroon border paper with the border on the left, then cut it in half to make two 3¾" wide papers. Glue one centered on each large panel. Place the “beautiful” frame Dazzles™ on Silver Pearl sheet and cut along the edges. Discard the backing from the pearl sheet, then place the frame on the left panel, ⅝" from the top.
- Die cut two rose sprays from gray cardstock, then die cut two large solid flower shapes and four small solid flower shapes from pink cardstock. Glue the solid flowers behind the gray open flowers. Glue one flower spray extending up the right panel as shown. Cut the upper portion off the second spray and set it aside. Glue the large flowers extending over the lower edge of the frame. Decorate the inside panels with butterfly and jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- For the window: Cut 8¼"x6½" maroon cardstock, place it horizontally and score it ½" from each end. Position the 5¼" square die in the center of the cardstock and secure with repositionable tape. Die cut the window.
- Crease the scores in mountain folds and place double-sided tape on the outer surfaces of these tabs. Attach the right tab to the right end of the card on the inside, aligning the fold with the right card edge. Attach the left tab to the card, aligning the tab’s fold with the card base’s 2¼" fold.
- Fold the right end of the card in, tucking the window cardstock inside and gently creasing it in the center. Open the card. Die cut a rose spray from gray cardstock and the solid flowers from pink cardstock as before. Glue the pink flowers behind the gray flowers, then trim off the upper portion. Glue it across the upper left window corner and glue the large flowers across the lower right window corner. Decorate the window frame with butterfly and jewel Dazzles™ as shown, then close the card.
- For the front: Cut 3⅞"x6⅜" Ruby Rose mauve diamonds paper and 2"x6⅜" maroon diamonds paper, then glue each centered on the appropriate card front panel. Place the “smile” and “sparkle” frames on Silver pearl sheet, then cut along the edges. Discard the backing from the circle frame and attach it to the left panel, ⅞" from the top. Glue the upper rose spray portion from step 3 to the left front flap as shown.
- Die cut a gray cardstock rose spray and pink cardstock solid flowers and glue together as before. Glue the spray to the right flap as shown. Die cut a 2¾" maroon cardstock square and attach the “sparkle” frame to it. Foam tape the frame to the right panel at the lower left, putting foam tape just under the right half. Decorate both front flaps with dragonfly and jewel Dazzles™.