Card Style: Easel Treat Box
This pretty treat box is super-easy to make—and fun to fill with treats for a loved one! The pocket on this box is 4" wide, so it can hold candy bars, a note pad and pen, a wrapped cookie….well, you get the picture. Be sure to check out the Little Things Easel Treat Box and Christmas Easel Tread Box, both in the Specialty Shapes & Folds chapter of the 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD for more versions of this box.
- 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD (link)
- Ruby Rose Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Ruby Rose ribbon set (link)
- Ruby Rose Embellishment Bottle (link)
- Cardstocks: dark gray, maroon
- Fantastic Frames & Phrases Scrapbooking Dazzles™ (link)
- Scoring tool, bone folder (link)
- Ruler (link)
- Thin wire (optional)
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Specialist Acrylic glue (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- Note pad to fit the box, pen
- For the stand: Trace and cut both base patterns (shown below) from maroon cardstock and score on the dashed lines. On base A, crease the outer score in a valley fold and the inner score in a mountain fold. On base B, crease both scores in mountain folds, then place double-sided tape on the outer surfaces of those narrow tabs.
- With the tabs on base B still folded, attach one to each end of base A, making sure the edges of A align with the folds on the tabs. Place the stand with the A side face up. Cut 3⅞"x4" Ruby Rose maroon/gray diamonds paper and glue it to the base front 1/16" from the top edge.
- Cut 3⅞"x1¼" Ruby Rose gray border paper with the flowers on the right end. Mat the long edges on gray cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue the strip to the base front, ⅜" from the top. Wrap maroon sheer swirls ribbon around the stand front, overlapping the strip’s upper edge, and tie in a bow, ¾" from the right edge. Trim the ribbon ends.
- For the pocket: Trace and cut the pocket pattern (shown below) from maroon cardstock, then score on the dashed lines and cut the short slits along the bottom edge. Place double-sided tape along the right end, next to the score, and on the long bottom tab nearest the right end. Crease all the scores in mountain folds, then adhere the left end over the right end.
- Fold the three short tabs in, then fold the long taped tab in and the last long tab over it to create the pocket. Adhere the pocket to the base front with double-sided tape, aligning the lower edges. Cut 3⅞"x2⅞" Ruby Rose maroon floral paper and glue it centered on the pocket front.
- Place the “just a note” frame Dazzles™ on Ruby Rose gray diamonds paper and cut along the edges. Place the message and music notes Dazzles™ in the frame as shown. Mat the frame on maroon cardstock with ⅛" borders, then foam tape it to the front, ¼" from the bottom.
- Cut a 3" long pink crepe ribbon, then cut a ¼" wide strip off it. Fold the wire in half, then insert the ribbon between the wires at the fold. Use the wire like a needle to pull the ribbon through the holes in a ¾" wide pink button, bringing the ends to the front. Remove the wire.
- Tie the ribbon ends in a knot on the button front, then use double-sided tape to attach the button to the pocket at the lower left. Repeat for a ¾" maroon button and attach it to the bow center, then glue three pearls to the swirls on the Dazzles™. Spread the base so it stands upright, then insert the pad and pen in the pocket.