Card Style: Tea Light Box This box card becomes a lovely shadowbox when you squeeze the sides to create the box shape. Place an LED tea light inside it to display the card for a lovely decorating accent in your home. This version features a die-cut window in the front panel, backed with vellum and decorated with Dazzles™. Do NOT use a candle with an open flame in this card. Be sure to check out the Christmas Tea Light Box Card and Birthday Tea Light Box Card, both in the Folded Cards chapter of the 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD for more versions of this box.
- 100 Clever & Creative Cards DVD (link)
- Ruby Rose Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Ruby Rose ribbon set (link)
- Ruby Rose Embellishment Bottle (link)
- White vellum (link)
- Pink cardstock
- White craft thread
- Stitched Rectangles cutting die set (link)
- Die cutting machine (link)
- Scoring tool, bone folder (link)
- Ruler (link)
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Specialist Acrylic Glue (link)
- Repositionable tape
- Adhesive (link)
- LED tea light with battery
- For the card: Cut 12"x6" cardstock and place it horizontally. Score it 4", 5¾", 9¾", and 11½" from the left end. Crease all the scores in mountain folds. Cut 3⅞"x5⅞" Ruby Rose pink diamonds paper and glue it centered on the large panel closest to the ½" wide tab.
- Place the 3"x4¼" die on the pink diamonds panel, ⅝" from the top, and secure it with repositionable tape. Die cut the window. Cut 3½"x4¾" vellum, then place the cardstock face down and glue the vellum over the window opening.
- Cut 3⅞"x5⅞" Ruby Rose maroon/gray diamonds paper and, while the cardstock is still face down, glue it centered on the remaining large panel. Turn the cardstock face up. Cut two 1⅝"x5⅞" Ruby Rose mauve diamonds papers and glue them centered on the narrow panels on each side of the window.
- Cut a 7" white grosgrain ribbon. Wrap it vertically over the front, covering the left edge of the window, and glue the ends to the back. Place the “enjoy” frame Dazzles™ in the center of the vellum window. Place “the,” “little,” “things,” and two butterfly Dazzles™ as shown.
- Place double-sided tape on the outside of the narrow tab, then fold it under. Fold the card in half on the center score line. Remove the tape backing and attach the tab to the mauve/gray diamonds panel, overlapping the right edge of the paper.
- Make a 4-loop bow with white grosgrain ribbon and tie the center with thread. Use double-sided tape to attach it to the first ribbon at the bottom of the window. Attach a ⅝" pink button to the bow center, then tie a thread bow and glue it to the button.
- Decorate the box card front with sequins, then glue a bead to the center of each. Pinch the sides together to form the box shape, then tuck the tea light inside.