Card Style: Wrap-Over Pop-Up
The pop-up mechanism for this card actually wraps over the front and attaches to the inside. The base is a Z-fold card, as is the wrap-over section; however, the folds are offset from each other so the wrap piece will pop away from the base when the card is opened. For this card, I placed the wrap-over section along the bottom, but you could move it to the top or even place it in the center, depending on the other elements you’re using.
- Emma’s Garden Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Emma’s Garden Die-Cuts (link)
- Pastel yellow cardstock (link)
- Thank You! stamp set (link)
- Pink Bling rhinestones (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Scoring tool (link)
- Bone folder (link)
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- For the card: Cut 12"x5" cardstock and place horizontally. Score 3" and 6" from the left edge. Crease the 3" score in a mountain fold and the 6" score in a valley fold, creating a Z-fold card. Open the card.
- Cut 2⅞"x4⅞" Emma’s Garden ivory floral and tan pindot papers. Glue the floral paper centered on the left panel and the dot paper centered on the middle panel. Cut 5⅞"x4⅞" Emma's Garden brown grid paper and glue centered on the right panel.
- Cut 12"x1½" cardstock. Score 6" and 9" from the left end. Crease the 6" score in a mountain fold and the 9" score in a valley fold. Cut one 5⅞"x1⅜" and two 2⅞"x1⅜" Emma’s Garden brown floral papers. Glue the papers centered on the wrap-over strip panels as shown.
- Use double-sided tape to attach the left 3" of the strip to the card front panel, aligning the bottom and left edges. Attach the strip’s right panel to the inside, aligning the bottom and right edges. Close the card, allowing the strip’s 6" crease to fold forward while the card’s 6" crease folds back.
- For the left panels: Punch out the Emma’s Garden label, flower cluster, and bird die-cuts shown and remove the nibs. Stamp “with warmest thanks” on the label. Glue the bird and label and foam tape the cluster to the front and wrap-over strip as shown. Place rhinestones on the cluster and label as shown.
- For the center panels: Punch out the Emma’s Garden brown label, two small flowers, and heart die-cuts shown and remove the nibs. Stamp “you are so thoughtful” on the label, then glue it to the center card panel, ¾" from the card top.
- Glue the heart and foam tape the flower to the dotted panel as shown. Glue the remaining small flower to the center wrap-over panel and place rhinestones as shown.
- For the right panels: Punch out the double-heart die-cut and remove the nibs. Cut the right heart and left arrow end off the dark pink heart and discard. Stamp “you brought a smile…” on the dark pink heart, then glue to the right card panel so it’s hidden when the card is closed.
- Punch out the remaining Emma’s Garden die-cuts shown and remove the nibs. Glue and foam tape the die-cuts to the third panel and place rhinestones as shown.