Card Style: Wrap-Over Pop-Up
Yet another version of a shutter card! In this version, the moving shutter portion actually wraps over the card front, making it easy to create a large focal on the front.
- Botanical Frames Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Botanical Frames Scrapbooking Dazzles™ (link)
- Adhesive Clear Glitter Sheets (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Retractable craft pen knife (link)
- Self-healing cutting mat (link)
- Ruler (link)
- Bone folder (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- For the card: Cut 12"x6" cardstock and place it horizontally. Score 2", 4", 8", and 10" from the left edge. Turn the cardstock vertically so the left edge is at the top. Measure 1½" from the long right edge and use the ruler and knife to cut from the 2" score down to the 8" score line. Measure 1½" from the long left edge and again cut from the 2" score to the 8" score.
- Turn the cardstock back to its original position with the 2" score at the left. To fold the card, crease the upper and lower portions of the 2" score in mountain folds and the center portion in a valley fold.
- For the 4" score, crease the upper and lower portions in valley folds and the center portion in a mountain fold. This should bring the center section over the card front. Crease the 8" score in a mountain fold and the 10" score in a valley fold. Open the card out flat.
- Covering the panels: Cut 1⅞"x5⅞" Botanical Frames border paper with the border along the bottom and glue centered on the left panel. From gray grid paper, cut two 1⅞"x1⅜" pieces and one 1⅞"x2⅞" piece. Glue to the second panels as shown.
- For the third panels, cut 3⅞"x2⅞" Botanical Frames gold gingham paper and glue to the middle panel. Cut two 3⅞"x1⅜" Botanical Frames striped papers and glue to the upper and lower panels.
- For fourth and fifth panels, cut 3¾"x5⅞" Botanical Frames border paper with the border along the bottom. Cut in half lengthwise to create two 1⅞" wide pieces, then glue centered on the last two panels.
- Decorating the panels: Place the butterfly Dazzles™ shown on a glitter sheet and cut along the edges. Remove the glitter sheet backing and place the butterflies as shown. Place the blossom Dazzles™ shown on Botanical Frames pink striped paper and their leaves on teal grid paper, then cut along the edges. Glue and foam tape the flowers to the card as shown.
- Place the border Dazzles™ on the second panels and last two panels as shown, trimming them to fit. Place jewel Dazzles™ on the flowers, black butterflies, and borders as shown. Place pink jewel butterfly Dazzles™ on the card panels as shown.