Ribbon Technique: Ribbons & Beads
This technique looks wonderful on cards! To thread the beads onto the ribbon, I use a thin wire folded in half. Hook one end of the ribbon between the wires and squeeze the wire tightly around the ribbon. Insert the wire ends through the bead hole and pull the ribbon through the hole. Slide the bead farther onto the ribbon, then repeat the process for more beads. When you have the beads you need on the ribbon, attach the ribbon to the project, then slide the beads in place.
- Gorgeously Gilded Artful Card Kit (link)
- Cardstocks: dark gray, dark purple
- 30" of ¼" wide ivory sheer ribbon (link)
- Turquoise/gray 3mm glass pony beads
- 30 gauge wire very thin
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-stick tape (link)
- Specialist Acrylic glue (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut 4⅞"x6⅜" Gorgeously Gilded purple tiles paper and 4⅞"x2½" green floral paper. Glue the green paper across the purple paper, ⅝" from the bottom.
- Thread 16 beads onto the ribbon, following the directions above using the wire. Wrap the ribbon across the green paper three times, ¼" apart near the lower edge while sliding the beads to match the placement in the photo. Secure the ribbon ends on the back with the double-sided tape, then glue the paper centered on the card front.
- Punch out the three Gorgeously Gilded die-cuts shown and remove the nibs. Glue the cage label near the left edge, sliding it under the ribbons. Foam tape the greeting and rose die-cuts at the upper right as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 3½"x6" Gorgeously Gilded gray paper with the border on the bottom and mat on gray cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the inside center. Cut 5"x2⅛" Gorgeously Gilded purple tiles paper and mat the long edges on purple cardstock with ⅛" borders. Glue across the inside center.
- Punch out the three Gorgeously Gilded die-cuts shown and remove the nibs. Glue the label vertically to the inside center. Foam tape the sentiment and bird as shown.
- Thread two beads on one end of the remaining ribbon and knot the end to secure them. Thread one bead on the other end and knot to secure. Tie a shoestring bow, then glue it to the sentiment as shown. Slide the beads to the knots, then glue them in place as shown.