Ribbon Techniques: Looped Ribbon Accents
This page features three different methods of using looped ribbon as accents among photos and focals. The largest loop at the page top is a great way to add wider ribbons on your pages. The double loops of twill on one end of the label are gathered, then glued over a jute bow and decorated with a button. The ribbon loop on the photo at the right is the simplest method, but adds such a pretty touch! Instead of decorating that loop with a jute bow, you could add another button or a decorative brad.
- Nature’s Touch Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: tan, ivory, gray, white
- Fancy Patterns stamp set (link)
- Butterflies Foiled Fancies (link)
- Trail Blazer ribbon set (link)
- Pretty Princess Embellishment Jar (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Black fine-line permanent marker
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Bone folder (link)
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Specialist Acrylic Glue (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5 photos (1 large, 4 small)
- For the page: Trim the Nature’s Touch tan/gray tiles paper to 11"x11". Cut 3½"x11" Nature’s Touch gray textured paper and mat the long edges on gray cardstock with ⅛" borders. Glue it to the tiles paper, 2" from the right edge, then glue the tiles paper centered on tan 12"x12" cardstock.
- Cut 18" of the wide mesh ribbon and notch each end. Fold 5" of the right end over the top of the remaining ribbon. Pinch and gather both layers 3" from the fold, then wrap with brown jute and knot. Use double-sided tape to attach the ribbon across the top of the page as shown.
- Mat the large photo on ivory cardstock with 1/16" borders, then on gray cardstock with ⅛" borders. Glue to the page, overlapping the ribbon at the upper left.
- Mat the small photos on ivory cardstock with 1/16" borders. Notch one end of a 2" rust ribbon, then wrap and glue it over small photo at the upper right. Glue and foam tape all the small photos across the page as shown. Tie a small brown jute shoestring bow and glue to the rust ribbon loop.
- Download the Nature’s Touch labels and tags and journal onto the lavender label. Print onto white cardstock at 100%. Cut out the lavender label and the brown banner. Journal the date onto the banner, then glue both as shown.
- Cut the six butterflies shown off the Foiled Fancies sheet, cutting off the connectors. Stamp large and small flourishes onto the butterflies. Use the bone folder to gently curl the wings of the larger butterflies, then use double-sided tape to attach all the butterflies as shown.
- Make a 4-loop bow with brown jute and tie the center with jute. Glue to the left end of the label. Cut 5¾" ivory twill and 6" brown twill. Fold both, then pinch together 1½" from the folds and tie with brown jute. Glue over the bow. Thread brown jute onto a ⅝" purple button, knot on the front, then glue to the twill as shown.
- Thread a ½" purple button with brown jute, knot on the front, and glue to the right end of the label. Thread a ¾" purple button with brown jute, tie a bow on the front, and glue the button to the mesh ribbon as shown. Glue sequins to the butterfly bodies as shown.