Designer’s Tip: Layered paper tole designs are perfect when used as focals in card making. I’ll often use all the pieces for a design as my focal on the card front, but split up the pieces of a second design I’m using for the inside. In this case, I used the third piece from the inside design on the card front as my greeting; as a result, the card is flatter and easier to mail.
- The Charleston Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Tan cardstock
- Art Nouveau stamp set (link)
- Brass Jewel Border Dazzles™ (link)
- Letterpress Paper Tole die-cuts (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)
- For the card front: Place the card with the fold on the left. Cut 4⅞"x6⅜" The Charleston blue/gold swirls paper and glue it centered on the front.
- Cut 4⅞"x3½" The Charleston red fans paper and mat the long edges on cardstock with 1/16" borders. Place two border Dazzles™ near each long edge as shown, trimming the excess. Glue the paper to the front, ¾" from the card top.
- Assemble the roses paper tole design with foam tape between the layers, then glue it centered on the red fans paper. Foam tape piece #3 of the “love” paper tole design in the lower right corner.
- For the inside: Cut 5"x3⅝" The Charleston yellow paper and mat the long edges on The Charleston maroon scallops paper with ¼" borders. Glue it to the inside, 1¼" from the top edge. Cut 5"x1½" The Charleston green paper and glue it across the yellow paper, 2" from the top card edge.
- Stamp “do small things…” on the green strip, ¾" from the left end. Place border Dazzles™ along the long edges of the green and maroon papers, trimming the excess.
- Assemble the remaining pieces of the “love” paper tole design with foam tape, then glue it to the inside as shown. Glue a paper tole extra art bolt on each end of the green paper.