Designer's Tip: Using a large die-cut to bridge sections of a card front adds a fun element to a handmade card. Trim a section from the front, leaving enough along the outer edge for the die-cut to attach easily and hold in place. I glued three die-cuts together in layers to make sure it was stiff and heavy enough to provide a sturdy front. After inking the top die-cut, I glued the ends of the die-cuts to the card front sections, aligning the outer section with the inside back card edges.
- Timeless Treasures Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: ivory, rust, tan
- Layering Dahlias stamp set (link)
- Pearl Gold Jewel Butterfly Dazzles™ (link)
- 3 Flowers Spray cutting die (link)
- 9 Tiny Tags & Little Labels cutting die set (link)
- 18" of ¾" wide coral crepe ribbon (link)
- 6" of ¼" wide dark green sheer ribbon (link)
- Coral embroidery thread
- Just Peachy Embellishment Jar (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Mini Distress ink pad sets: #6 (link), #10 (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Die cutting machine (link)
- Cosmetic sponges
- Specialist Acrylic Glue (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)
- For the card front: Trim the card to 5"x5½". Open the card, then cut ¾" off the right front edge and discard. Cut 1½" more off the right front edge and save. Cut 2¾"x5½" ivory cardstock and 2⅝"x5⅜" Timeless Treasures mauve paper. Glue the mauve paper centered on the cardstock. Wrap a 3½" coral ribbon across the paper, 1" from the bottom, and glue the ends to the back. Glue the cardstock to the card front.
- Cut 1½"x5½" ivory cardstock and 1⅜"x5⅜" Timeless Treasures dark teal paper. Glue the paper centered on the cardstock. Cut two 2½" green ribbons and wrap them across the paper, ½" and ⅞" from the bottom, gluing the ends to the back. Glue the cardstock to the 1½" wide card front strip from step 1.
- Die cut the flower spray from ivory cardstock three times. On one die-cut, use sponges to ink the flower sections with Victorian Velvet ink and the leaf and vine sections with Iced Spruce ink. Stack and glue the die-cuts together with the inked flowers on top.
- Place the 1½" wide strip on the card, aligning the outer edges with the inside back’s outer edges. Glue the stacked die-cuts across both front panels, angled as shown. Die cut a 1¾"x⅞" label from Timeless Treasures and stamp “just for you” on it with Timber Brown. Mat the label on rust cardstock with 1/16" borders, then foam tape it to the front as shown.
- Make a 4-loop bow with crepe ribbon and tie the center with thread. Glue the bow to the crepe ribbon on the front. Glue a button to the bow center, then glue a sequin to the button. Tie a thread bow and glue it to the sequin. Place the butterfly Dazzles™ as shown, then glue sequins to two butterflies as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 5"x5½" ivory cardstock and glue to the inside. Cut 4⅞"x5⅜" Timeless Treasures brown dotted paper and 4⅞"x1" ivory tapestry paper. Mat the long edges of the ivory paper on tan cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue to the dotted paper, ¼" from the bottom. Glue the dotted paper centered on the inside.
- Stamp the leafy vine on each end of the ivory paper with Iced Spruce ink. Stamp “happy birthday” on the ivory paper so it’s hidden by the front when the card is closed. Die cut the flower spray from tan cardstock and glue across the inside, directly behind the die cut across the front so it’s hidden when the card is closed.
- Place the butterfly Dazzles™ on the inside as shown. Knot a 3" green ribbon and glue to the flower stem, then glue sequins to the flowers as shown.