Designer’s Note: Use a fluffy Swiffer® duster to remove excess glitter from the papers—it works like a charm! You’ll find more Fold-Out Gift Card Holders on Teresa’s Frenzy of Folded Cards DVD.
- Letterpress Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Letterpress Die-Cuts (link)
- Cardstocks: brown (link), forest green
- Greetings Double-Sided Dazzles™ (link)
- Darkroom Embellies™ (link)
- Layered Labels Design Tool Kit #10 (link)
- 12" of ¼" wide metallic brown ribbon (link)
- Rich Rustics Cat’s Eye Queue pigment ink pads (link)
- Silk Microfine Glitters: Antique Silver (link), Copper (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- ½" wide Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- For the card: Cut 12"x5" brown cardstock and place horizontally. Score vertically 6" from one end. Trace and cut the pocket pattern from brown cardstock, then score on the dashed lines. Cut the opening on the center score line. Crease both scores in mountain folds.
- Open the card and use tape to attach the pocket’s narrow tab to the inside along the right card edge. Bring the pocket end inward and glue the outer edge next to the flap’s fold. To close the card, fold the pocket to the inside, then close the front.
- For the front: Cut 5⅞"x4⅞" Letterpress letters paper and glue centered on the front. Trace and cut a Betty 3 label from green cardstock. With the label placed horizontally, cut the lower 2¼" off and discard the remainder. Ink the edges with Brown.
- Trace and cut a Betty 2 label from Letterpress green tapestry paper, then cut the lower 1⅞" off and discard the remainder. Ink the edges Brown. Glue the tapestry label section on the cardstock label section, aligning the tops. Trim the ends, making the partial label 6" wide.
- Place a 6" Ultra Clear tape across the labels, ⅛" from the top, and remove the tape backing. Cover with Antique Silver glitter and rub the glitter into the sticky surface. Tap off the excess. Wrap a 7" ribbon across the labels, just under the glittered strip, and glue the ends to the back. Glue the labels to the letters paper, aligning the top edges.
- Tie a 4" ribbon onto the first ribbon, 1½" from the left edge. Trace and cut a Betty 1 label from Letterpress dark brown paper. Place “thinking of you” Dazzles™ on the label, then cover with Copper glitter. Rub the glitter into the sticky surface and tap off the excess.
- Mat the label on brown cardstock with 1/16" borders, then foam tape to the front, ½" from the bottom. Punch out the Letterpress die-cuts shown and remove the nibs. Insert a brown pearl brad in the corner die-cut, then glue it to the label’s upper right corner. Insert a tan brad in the flower center, then glue and foam tape the remaining die-cuts as shown.
- For the inside: Open the front and the pocket. Cut 5⅞"x4⅞" Letterpress brown tapestry paper, ink the edges Brown, and glue centered on the inside. Punch out the Letterpress die-cuts shown and remove the nibs. Place “thank you” Dazzles™ on the label, cover with Copper glitter, and tap off the excess. Glue the die-cuts as shown.
- For the pocket: Trace and cut the pocket paper pattern from Letterpress alphabet paper twice. Ink the edges Brown, then glue one paper to the pocket on the card inside. Fold the pocket inward.
- Cut a 4¼" Ultra Clear tape length and place on the remaining alphabet paper, ⅛" from the left edge. Remove the tape backing from the strip, cover with Antique Silver glitter, then tap off the excess. Glue the panel centered on the pocket outside. Tuck a gift card into the pocket slot and close the card front.
Click to view large image