Designer's Tip: I used the masking technique to stamp the flowers clustered in a corner of the cardstock. First, stamp a flower in the lower left corner. To make a mask, stamp the same flower again on a post-it note and cut it out. Place the mask over the first stamped flower, then stamp the stemmed flower extending to the right and the daisies extending upward. Make a mask of the stemmed rose (just the blossom) and place it on the matching stamped blossom. Stamp another rose overlapping the first two as shown. Remove the masks and color the flowers.
- Little Things Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: white, black, pink (link)
- Floral Greetings stamp set (link)
- Black Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- 9 Tiny Tags & Little Labels cutting die set (link)
- 15" of ¾" wide white crepe ribbon (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Spectrum Noir AquaBlend pencil sets: Primaries (link), Florals (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Die cutting machine (link)
- Water brush (link)
- Post-It® notes
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top. Cut 4½"x6" Little Things pink paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the card front. Cut 5"x3¾" white cardstock and follow the directions above to stamp and mask a cluster of flowers in the lower left corner.
- Use the pencils to color the roses pink, the daisies yellow and the leaves green. Use a darker shade to color the shadowed areas in all the flowers. Very, very lightly color around the flowers with the lightest blue pencil. Use the water brush to blend away the pencil lines, using very little water.
- Mat the flowers panel on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, then foam tape to the front, ⅜" from the left edge. Die cut a 2½"x1½" label from Little Things tan paper and stamp “thinking of you” on it. Color the flowers pink, then mat the label on black cardstock with 1/16" borders.
- Cut a 6" ribbon and fold in half. Glue it to the flowers panel in the upper right corner as shown, then foam tape the label on top. Place jewel Dazzles™ on the label as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 6½"x4" Little Things corner paper with the border along the left edge. Mat the long edges on pink cardstock with ⅛" borders, then glue centered across the inside. Cut 4"x3½" white cardstock and stamp the stemmed rose and daisies on it as shown.
- Color the flowers and blend as before. Mat the panel on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Wrap a 4½" ribbon across the lower right corner and glue the ends to the back. Tie a 3" ribbon onto the first as shown, then glue the panel to the inside, ½" from the right edge.
- Die cut a 2½"x1½" label from Little Things tan paper and stamp “with heartfelt condolences” on it. Mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, then foam tape to the inside as shown. Place a jewel Dazzles™ on each end of the label.