Designer's Tip: I used the Black Magic inking technique on this card. First, swipe colored Distress ink pads over white cardstock, blending the colors where they overlap. Dry the cardstock well, then rub it with the Perfect Printing Pouch. Stamp on it with VersaMark™ ink, cover with clear embossing powder and heat to melt. Now rub a black Distress ink pad over the entire panel, completely covering it and turning the cardstock black. Use a paper towel to wipe the black ink off the embossed areas and the colored inks will show through the clear embossing!
- Little Things Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: white, black (link)
- Floral Greetings stamp set (link)
- 12" of ⅜" wide white/teal swirls sheer ribbon (link)
- 12" of ¾" wide light green crepe ribbon (link)
- Mini Distress ink pad sets: #1 (link), #13 (link)
- VersaMark™ ink pad (link)
- Black Soot Distress ink pad (link)
- WOW! Clear Gloss Super-Fine embossing powder (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Heat gun (link)
- Craft sheet (link)
- Perfect Printing Pouch (link)
- Paper towels
- ¼" wide Extra Sticky double-sided tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & envelope (link)
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut 5"x6½" black cardstock and glue to the front. Cut 4⅞"x6⅜" Little Things teal checks paper and glue centered on the front.
- Cut 4¼"x5¾" white cardstock. Follow the directions above to use the Black Magic technique on the cardstock, using Abandoned Coral, Cracked Pistachio, and Picked Raspberry inks to color the panel and the large bouquet and small magnolia stamps.
- Once the panel is dry, use the double-sided tape to mat it on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue it centered on the front. Cut 5"x1¼" Little Things striped paper and mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders.
- Cut 5"x⅝" Little Things red pindot paper and mat the long edges on black cardstock with 1/16" borders. Stamp “hello” on it, ½" from the right end, then glue the strip centered across the striped paper. Wrap the green ribbon around the strip, just left of the greeting, and tie a shoestring bow. Glue the strip across the center front.
- For the inside: Cut 4¾"x6¼" Little things teal checks paper and wrap a 7" sheer ribbon across the center, gluing the ends to the back. Glue the paper centered on the inside.
- Cut 2⅞"x5⅝" white cardstock and repeat the Black Magic technique on it, using Cracked Pistachio and Picked Raspberry inks and the same stamps as for the front panel. When dry, mat the panel on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue to the teal paper near the left edge, slipping it under the ribbon.
- Tie the remaining sheer ribbon onto the center of the first ribbon and trim the ends. Stamp “happy birthday” on Little Things pink paper and trim to 2½"x1½". Mat on black cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue as shown.