Designer’s Tip: Traditionally, a swing card has a partially cut, swinging shape that’s attached by a center section. The shape swings back and forth when the card is opened and closed. For this faux version, just half of the swinging section is cut. In this case, I die cut the swinging section from just the card front and the cut section swings when the card is opened. For a version where the swinging section is cut from the card’s second panel, check out the Birthday Faux Swing Card on Teresa’s 100 Uniquely Folded Cards DVD.
- For the card: Cut 12"x5½" ivory cardstock and 11¾"x5⅜" Emma’s Garden tan diamonds paper. Glue the paper centered on the cardstock, adding glue through the center area of the left half. Place horizontally, then score vertically 6" and 9" from the right end.
- Place the 3" scalloped circle die on the left end, ¾" from the top and centered on the 9" score. Secure with washi tape. Place on the die cutter’s bottom cutting pad, then place the top pad over the left end of the card, aligning the pad end with the 9" score (half the die will be exposed and not under the top pad). Cut the half circle with the die cutter, then remove the tape and die.
- For the front: To close the card, crease the 6" score in a valley fold, then crease the 9" score above and below the scalloped circle in a mountain fold. Die cut a 2½" circle from Emma’s Garden brown flowers paper and glue centered on the swinging portion. Place “happy birthday” Dazzles™ on the brown circle.
- Place a 2⅜" Dazzles™ flower on teal cardstock. Place a 1½" Dazzles™ flower on Emma’s Garden pink flowers paper, a 1" flower on ivory cardstock, and a ⅝" flower on Emma’s Garden pink dotted paper. Cut out the flowers along the edges. Place a stemmed Dazzles™ flower on Emma’s Garden pink flowers paper and the leaf on green flowers paper and cut out. Foam tape and glue the flowers to the front as shown.
- Place two ⅜" Dazzles™ flowers on Emma’s Garden pink dotted papers and cut out both. Foam tape one under the greeting. Wrap a 3½" ribbon around the front as shown and glue the ends to the front near the circle edge. Make a 4-loop bow and tie the center with thread. Glue over the first ribbon’s ends, then glue the last flower to the bow center. Place pearls as shown.
- For the second panel: Place a 3½" Dazzles™ flower on the center panel as shown. Place a ¾" Dazzles™ flower on Emma’s Garden pink dotted paper, cut out, and glue to the first flower center. Place pearls as shown.
- For the third panel: Cut 4¼"x6" ivory cardstock, place in the embossing folder, and emboss. Trim to 4¼"x4" including the words shown, then mat on teal cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the third panel. Place “make a wish” Dazzles™ over the embossed “make a wish” on the panel. Back the flower Dazzles™ shown with the Emma’s Garden papers as before and cut out. Glue the flowers and place pearls as shown.