Designer’s Tip: This pocket card is actually a pocket in a pocket! To make the inner pocket slide easily up and down as the card is opened and closed, rub a new dryer sheet over all the cardstock and paper pieces that will be moving. This reduces friction and allows the pocket to slide easily. Be sure to check out the other Sliding Gift Card Holders in chapter 5 on Teresa’s 100 Uniquely Folded Cards DVD for additional ideas.
- For the card: Trace and cut the card base from cardstock and score on the dashed lines. Crease both scores in valley folds to create the outer pocket. Trace and cut the inner pocket pattern from cardstock and score on the dashed lines. Fold the ½" flap score in a mountain fold and the second score in a valley fold.
- Cut 4⅛"x3" Butterfly Wings black floral paper and glue to the inner pocket, centered near the ½" flap fold. Use tape to secure the inner pocket sides in place, folding the pocket front up over the paper. Place tape on the ½" flap above the fold, then align the cut edge with the card base upper fold so the flap is against the inside upper panel. Press in place.
- Secure the sides of the outer pocket with tape, wrapping it up over the inner pocket. The inner pocket should slide up and down as the card is opened and closed.
- For the pocket flap: Trace and cut the pocket flap paper pattern from Butterfly Wings roses paper and glue centered on the panel. Trace and cut a double-bracket label from Butterfly Wings brown dotted paper and glue centered on the flap. Trace and cut a beveled label from Butterfly Wings black floral paper and a vintage label from ivory paper.
- Fold the beveled label ⅝" from one end, then glue the longer end to the front, ⅝" from the left edge. Wrap the short end to the back and glue. Stamp “wishing you …” on the vintage label, then insert a pink pearl brad in the left end. Glue the label ⅞" from the left edge and ⅜" from the top.
- Trace and cut two large flowers from Butterfly Wings pink dotted paper and one from black dotted paper. Cut a small flower from pink dotted paper and one from black dotted paper. Use the bone folder to gently curl the petals upward, then stack the flowers as shown and secure with a ¾" black brad. Glue to the pocket flap at the lower right. Cut two leaves from brown cardstock and foam tape to extend from under the flower as shown.
- Trace and cut the pocket front paper pattern from Butterfly Wings striped paper and glue centered on the pocket front. Trace and cut a bow loops and bow tails from tan cardstock and a bow loops and bow center from brown cardstock. Use the bone folder to gently curl the bow loops, then glue the ends to the center for each. Glue the brown loops to the tails, then the tan loops on top. Wrap with the bow center and glue the ends to the back. Glue the bow to the pocket front at the lower left so the pocket flap tucks under the right loops.
- For the inside: Trace and cut a small flower each from Butterfly Wings pink floral and tan ads papers. Curl the petals, stack, and secure with a ½" pink brad. Trace and cut a vintage sign from Butterfly Wings pink dotted paper, then stamp “just for you” and a swirl on it. Glue the sign and flower as shown.