Designer Tip: Stamp onto the paper covered card panels, then stamp again on separate papers, cut out the image and foam tape over the first image for a layered 3-D look.
- Interlocking Frame Die-Cut Cards (link)
- Steampunk Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Steampunk Ribbons (link)
- Steampunk Stamp Set (link)
- 8x8 Happy Overlay (link)
- Layered Labels Design Tool Kit #10 - (link)
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Silver Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ (link)
- Acrylic Block
- Jet Black StazOn® Ink Pad (link)
- Metallic Silver StazOn® Ink Pad (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- Glue Stick (link)
- Cosmetic Wedge
- Scrap acetate, or plastic product packaging.
- Using the large clock paper with the gear flourish at the bottom left, cut a 4 5/8”x6 ½” paper from the bottom left corner, then cut down the center, into two panels. Glue these panels onto the left and right panel of your closed blank interlocking card (the extended frame and center rectangle pieces will not be covered). Place the “Betty” #3 template from the Design Tool Kit centered at the top of your card, trace and cut the top edges of your closed card. Ink the edges black, then ink sparingly with silver. Let dry.
- Cover the small square die-cut with gears paper and ink the edges black and silver. Ink the frame die-cut silver, let dry, then ink the edges black. Save for later. Open your card and place face down on your work surface. Stamp the hat/clock onto the right panel, 1/8” from the edges, and the key onto the left panel at the lower corner. Stamp the key again in silver, as shown. Let dry. Place scrap acetate over the stamped hat/clock on the right panel, then align the saved square and frame pieces onto the panel flap (as if assembling). Stamp the hat/clock onto the die-cuts in black, aligning with the image under the acetate. Stamp the gear flourish onto the upper left corner of the die-cuts, as shown. Foam tape the square onto the right panel and the frame onto the left panel. Glue the blue stitched ribbon across the bottom of the label and Zot™ on a tiny blue bow, as shown.
- Stamp the hat/clock onto light ivory and dark ivory papers. Cut out the hat from the darker paper and glue onto the lighter hat, then cut out the hat/clock together. Stamp the hat/clock onto acetate in black and stamp the watch hand and gear details in silver. Cut out and Zot™ over the stamped paper piece, then foam tape onto the frame, as shown. Place “Thank You” and Jewel Dazzles™ as shown.
- Stamp the lightbulb and “You light up my Life!” onto a paper covered square die-cut, then layer with stamped paper and acetate, as shown. Ink the edges, glue ribbon at the bottom and glue centered on a 3 ¾” square of dark brown paper, as shown. Add Jewel Dazzles™.