Designer's Tip: Feature the die cut inside a large window for a beautifully framed card focal that decorates the front and inside of the card. When cutting the shadows from pink paper for beneath the small blossoms, die cut one small blossom shadow with the pink paper face up, and one with the pink paper face down. One of the small blossoms is a reverse image, so this will enable both small blossom shadows to fit properly beneath the aqua die cut.
- Rose Spray Cutting Die (link)
- Charming Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Charming Ribbon Set (link)
- Rose Spray Cutting Dies (link)
- Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ (link)
- Black Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles, Black (link)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template (link)
- 5”x6 1/2" white cards & envelopes (link)
- Glue stick (link)
- die cutting machine (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Pastel Cardstock 20 pk (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- black ink pad
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left and cover with Charming gray/pink roses paper. Cut a 3”x5” rectangle from the scrap paper or cardstock and place it centered on the card. Use a pencil to trace around the edges of the rectangle to draw the shape onto the card. Remove the rectangle and open the card out flat onto your cutting mat. Use your ruler and knife, to carefully cut on your pencil lines through the card front only. You should now have a 3”x5” rectangular window centered on the card front.
- Place Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ at the edges of the card and window. Use the tiny Tags & Little Labels to trace the Squared Tag E and Squared Tag D shapes onto light gray pastel cardstock. Remove the template and cut out the shapes. Ink the edges of the large tag with black ink, then mat on Charming pink flourishes paper with 1/16” borders. Place Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “Thinking of You” and a flourish centered on the tag as shown. Add Thin Lines Dazzles™ across the bottom. Glue the tag angled on the card, near the top right corner. Use 3/4" wide aqua crepe ribbon to tie a bow. Trim each tail into a “V”. Zot™ the bow on the top of the tag as shown. Ink the edges of the remaining tag with black ink and save it for the inside.
- Inside: Cover the inside with Charming pink/black diamonds and dots paper. Ink the edges black. Cut a 3”x5” light gray pastel cardstock and mat on Charming gray/pink script paper with 1/8” borders. Ink the edges with black ink. Place it centered on the card, then close the card to check for placement, making sure it is aligned with the window opening on the front. Glue in place.
- Use the Rose Spray Cutting Dies and your die cutting machine to cut the large leafy image from Charming dark aqua flourishes paper. Die cut 1 large shadow and 2 small shadows (follow the tip above) from Charming pink flourishes paper. Glue the shadows beneath the blossoms on the aqua die cut. Foam tape the die cut on the light gray rectangle as shown. Place Dazzles™ “Just Because” centered on the reserved tag. Add Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the bottom. Fold a 1” length of 1/4" wide aqua organdy ribbon for a tab and glue beneath the end of the tag. Glue the tag near the top right corner as shown. Place Black Jewel Dazzles™ on the die cut and tag as shown.