Designer’s Tip: I layered the Artful Mannequin image over a stenciled background created with the Woven Lattice Stencil, using Distress inks. After inking the image, I added clear embossing powder and a touch of crystal micro glitter for shine and sparkle.
- Front: Place your card with the fold on the left. Cover the card with burgundy suede. Set the card aside for now.
- Place the white cardstock on your work surface and use stencil tape to secure. Position the Woven Lattice stencil on the cardstock and tape the corners in place. Use the mini ink blending tool to apply some mustard seed (yellow) ink over the entire stencil, allowing some areas to be lighter and others heavier in the application of the ink. Now use a clean blending pad to apply peacock feathers (teal) ink randomly over the stencil, leaving some areas of the yellow still showing. Again allow some areas of the teal to be lighter and others heavier.
- Remove the stencil, wash with soap and water and dry gently with a paper towel. Use a clean blending pad to apply mustard seed ink over the white areas of the cardstock that were covered by the stencil. Lightly add a small amount of Spiced Marmalade (orange) ink to some areas.
- Place the Artful Mannequin stencil on the inked design and tape the corners in place. Mask the rose with swirl/dots image with scrap paper or post-it notes. Use the mini ink blending tool to apply peacock feathers ink to some areas of the mannequin, swirls/dots, and butterfly images. Now add picked raspberry (pink) ink to the remaining areas of the images, including the words. With the stencil still in place, go back and add more blue or pink for the desired color and intensity. Remove the stencil, wash and dry it.
- Replace the stencil. Mask the rose with swirls/dots image on the left side and the words. Tape the stencil in place. Apply the VersaMark™ pad over the exposed areas of the stencil, then remove it. Sprinkle with clear embossing powder and emboss with the heat gun. While still hot, sprinkle a very tiny bit of crystal micro glitter over the embossed areas and heat again to set the glitter. Let cool. Now apply a little more picked raspberry ink inside the mannequin image, near the words, and near the butterflies.
- Trim the inked/embossed image to 4 3/4"x6” and glue centered on the card and even with the left side. Add Gold Jewel Border Dazzles™ on the edges of the inked/embossed image. Add Gold Jewel Dazzles™ to accent the swirls and butterflies. Use 1/2" wide burgundy grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow near the center of the mannequin as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 3 1/2"x2 1/2" white cardstock and create an inked background with the Woven Lattice stencil as you did for the front. Use the Artful Mannequin stencil to add a butterfly, swirls, and dots image on the right side of the background, using the same techniques as for the front. Add more picked raspberry ink near the images. Mat on burgundy suede with 1/8” borders. Glue centered on the card. Add Gold Jewel Border Dazzles™ and Gold Jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Place Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “Life is good” on burgundy suede and trim to a small rectangle. Glue on the left side of the background as shown.