Designer’s Tip: Cut narrow strips of gold glitter Dazzles™ material to line the stars on the card for added sparkle. Also use for the fairy wands. The inside of the bases are left white and covered with large strips of striped paper at the end, creating a more seamless look.
- Fold and unfold the 3 card bases along the score lines.
- Large base: While folded, cover the top section (above the middle score line) with Hopscotch striped paper. Cover the bottom section (trapezoid shape) with the same paper, avoiding covering the middle score line (to allow for smooth folding and unfolding of the card). Place a row of star Dazzles™ across the top section, 3/4" down from the fold. Medium base: Cover the same two sections with Hopscotch yellow plaid paper. Small base: Cover the same two sections with Hopscotch red dot paper.
- Large star: Cover the large star with Hopscotch aqua/white dot paper, trimming edges to fit. Use a ruler and craft knife to trim narrow strips (a little narrower than 1/16") from the long sides of gold Dazzles™ sheet. Apply these along all the edges of the star, trimming pieces to fit. Stamp "Wishing You" on light blue dot and mat on white cardstock with a 1/16" border. Glue to the star centered, 1 1/4" from the top point. Stamp the 3 bear fairies on white cardstock with Tuxedo Black Memento™ ink. Color in the image with the Spectrum Noir™ Blendable Pencils in the colors listed above. Practice on scrap paper first to test the colors. Use the photos to match the colors on the card. Color a light layer first, then layer on more color for deeper shades. Once you're finished coloring, dip the tip of a small paper stump into the blending solution and blend the colors in the image (sand off the stump between each separate coloring section) Cut around the finished image with about a 1/16" border and foam tape to the center of the large star. Place pieces of gold Dazzles™ material over the wand handles and star Dazzles™ over the wand stars as shown.
- Medium star: Cover the star with Hopscotch multi-colored dot paper, trimming to fit. Place narrow strips of gold Dazzles™ material along all edges. Stamp a flying bear fairy on white cardstock and color in with the Spectrum Noir™ Blendable Pencils listed above (as done on the large star). Cut around the image with a 1/16" white border and foam tape to the center of the star. Place a strip of gold Dazzles™ on the wand handle and a star Dazzles™ on the wand star as shown.
- Small star: Cover the small star with Hopscotch circles paper, trimming to fit. Cut a 2 1/2"x5/8" strip of Hopscotch orange grid paper and stamp "Happiness" in the center. Mat on white cardstock with a 1/16" border. Glue to the center of the star and trim off edges to fit. Apply strips of gold Dazzles™ material along the outer edges of the star (stopping at the orange strip), and along the top and bottom edges of the orange strip as shown.
- Assembly and covering the base: Assemble all the pieces (except the stopper) of the Star Triple Easel card according to the package instructions. Glue 5"x2 1/4" of striped paper over the bottom section of the card, between the where the small star attaches and the bottom edge of the base. Glue 5"x1 1/4" of the stripe paper across the middle section of the base, between the where the small and medium stars attach. Glue 5"x1 1/2" of the stripe paper across the top section of the base, between the top inner fold and where the medium star attaches.
- Stopper (tiny star): Cover the tiny star with light blue dot paper, trimming to fit. Line the edges with narrow pieces of gold Dazzles™ material. Stamp and color in a flower on white cardstock. Blend with solution and a paper stump, then glue to the center of the tiny star. Foam tape the tiny star centered, about 1/8" from the bottom edge of the card base.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Janie's Beary Fairies Stamp Set (link)
- Hopscotch Paper Pack (link)
- Star Triple Easel Die-Cut Card Set (link)
- The Star You Are Dazzles™ (link)
- Spectrum Noir™ Nature Blendable Pencil Set (link) (086, 090, 062, 072)
- Spectrum Noir™ Essentials Blendable Pencil Set (link) (056, 039, 037, 042)
- Spectrum Noir™ Blending Solution (link)
- Spectrum Noir™ Paper Stumps (link)
- Spectrum Noir™ Paper Stump Sander (link)
- acrylic block (link)
- Tuxedo Black Memento™ ink pad (link)
- white cardstock (link)
- foam tape (link)
- glue stick (link)
- craft pen knife (link)
- metal-edged ruler (link)
- cutting mat (link)