Designer’s Tip: I tied the cupcake die-cut with red and white baker’s twine for a cute finishing touch for this card.
- Place the card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with red/white dots paper. Mat a 4 1/2"x5 5/8” yellow/red/aqua flowers paper on white, leaving a 1/16” border at top, bottom and left side, trimming evenly at the right side. Punch out the aqua/white dotted border and foam tape it starting at the left edge and even with the bottom of the yellow/red/aqua flowers paper. Trim right side even with the paper. Glue to the card front, even with the right side and centered at top and bottom. Cut a 1/8”x5 3/4" strip of black patterned paper and glue along the left edge of the white mat. Ink edges of the card with black ink.
- Punch out the large pink/yellow/red/aqua label and glue it to the card front, 2” from the top. Punch out the cupcake and apply foam tape to the back. Cut out the “Make a wish!” tag and punch a hole in the end. Wrap the base of the cupcake with baker’s twine, pull it through the hole in the tag and tie a bow. Add the cupcake to the card front, centering it on the label. Add a piece of foam tape beneath the tag for dimension. Punch out the peppermint candy art and foam tape it overlapping the base of the cupcake. Cut out “Happy Birthday” and mat on aqua paper leaving a 1/16” border. Ink edges and foam tape it to the upper right portion of the card.
- Ink the edges of a 5”x2” red/white dots paper and glue centered across the inside. Mat a 5”x1” piece of yellow/red/aqua flowers paper on white leaving a 1/16” border. Glue centered across the red/white dots paper. Foam tape a 5” length of the remaining aqua/white dotted die-cut border over a 5”x1/2” piece of yellow/red/aqua flowers paper then glue even with the bottom of the red/white dots paper. Cut out the tag with message and glue overlapping the dots and flowers papers. Punch out the ice cream cone die-cut and foam tape it overlapping the tag. Zot a baker’s twine bow to the top of the tag.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Cherry on Top Artful Card Kit (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Secondary Bakers Twine (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- StazOn® Black ink pad (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- 1/16” round punch (link)