Designer Tip: When painting with the Distress Crayons onto the canvas, allow the paint to dry a bit before rubbing off of the embossed areas. Rubbing off the color too soon will take the color from the Canvas too.
- Steampunk Foiled Fancies (link)
- Steampunk Stamp Set (link)
- Artful Watercolors Ribbon Set (link)
- Acrylic Block
- Distress Crayons Set #2 (link)
- 8”x8” Canvas Board (link)
- Silver Baby Bling (link)
- Pink Dahlias (link)
- WOW! Clear Gloss Embossing Powder (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® Ink Pad
- VersaMark™ Ink Pad (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- Sanding Block (link)
- Heat Gun (link)
- Craft Sheet
- Medium Paintbrush
- Paper Towels
- Craft Glue
- Use VersaMark™ to stamp the light bulbs at the upper right corner, gears at the center bottom and left edge, and “Gearing Up…” on the left. Dust with embossing powder, shake off excess and dry with the heat gun. Scribble the red, pink and blue distress crayons on your craft sheet, add water and use the brush to add watered down colors to your canvas board. Concentrate blue at opposite corners and red and purple across the center and opposite corners. Now scribble directly onto the canvas, concentrating in the same areas. Use your finger and a little water to blend the colors, then remove the excess from the embossed images. Let dry.
- Scribble over the stamps with the crayons, then stamp more light bulbs in red, corner scrolls and “Gearing up…” in blue and tiny butterflies in purple, as shown. Stamp “Gearing up…” again in black, just offset from the blue stamped words. Stamp small gears in black around the edges of the canvas.
- Sand the surfaces of gears and butterflies Foiled Fancies. Scribble over the butterflies with the three colors, wipe off gently with a paper towel and foam tape as shown. Tie twine around two gears, then glue and foam tape as shown. Zot on bows of ribbon and twine, and add baby bling, as shown. Use craft glue or tape to attach a length of ribbon for a hanger.