Designer’s Tip: Emboss some of the die-cuts silver for a striking contrast against the background papers. Here, I trimmed the tree die-cuts and used them as foliage.
- Place a Center Step Die-Cut card with the main folds at the top. Ink the edges of the front and side panels with VersaMark™ ink. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder and tap off the excess back into the container. Heat to melt with the heat gun.
- Use the Front paper pattern to trace and cut the shape from On Butterfly Wings black/ivory textured paper with scroll border at the bottom. Cut a 1/4" wide pink/ivory scroll strip from On Butterfly Wings striped paper and glue even with the bottom edge of the shape. Glue it centered on the front panel of the card. Use the side patterns to trace and cut two On Butterfly Wings brown/ivory dots side panel pieces. Ink the edges with black ink and glue one centered on each side panel. Cut 4 1/4"x1” On Butterfly Wings pink/ivory/brown striped paper. Glue it centered at the top of the paper on the center panel.
- Die cut 2 swans and 2 swirls from On Butterfly Wings ivory textured paper (turn the paper over for 1 swan/swirls set, so it faces the opposite direction). Die cut two trees. Place the swirls and trees on a sheet of scrap paper. Ink each piece with VersaMark™ ink and sprinkle with silver embossing powder. Tap off the excess and place back into the container. Use the heat gun to emboss each piece.
- Use the paper tool kit to shape the swan die-cuts and swirls so they have a curved, dimensional shape. Apply foam tape to the back of each swan. Overlap the 2 swirls as shown and Zot™ in place on each swan as shown. Place an embossed tree angled on the right side of the center panel so it overlaps the right side panel. Position the swan on the tree as shown, trimming away any excess tree trunk showing from the bottom. Press the swan in place. Repeat for the left side of the card.
- Place Silver Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ “I love you” above the left swan. Add a heart between the swans. Use 1/2" ivory/black dots ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow at the base of the swan on the right side.
- Inside: Cut a 6 1/2"x1 1/8” On Butterfly Wings striped paper and glue it across the card, 1” from the bottom. Glue a 6 1/2" length of ivory/black dotted ribbon even with the bottom of the paper. Write or computer print “Happy Anniversary” using On Butterfly Wings ivory textured paper. Place the Tiny Tags & Little Labels Bracket Label B centered on the words and trace the shape with a pencil. Cut it out and ink the edges black. Mat with On Butterfly Wings pink tiny roses paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges black. Glue centered on the top edge of the paper. Place a Dazzles™ heart centered on the striped paper.
Click to view large image