Designer's Tip: It works well to tap off the excess Metal Leaf from your project onto wax paper, then fold it up and place inside the package to save it for later use.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with Chalkboard pink scuffed paper and ink the edges black. Cut a 6 1/2"x4 1/4" Chalkboard ivory/black dots paper and glue centered across the card. Cut a 6 1/2"x1” Hammered Gold paper and glue centered on a 6 1/2”x2” Chalkboard blue/green tiles paper. Glue centered across the ivory/black dots paper. Place Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the edges of each of the papers except the pink scuffed paper. Ink the side edges black.
- Squeeze some FlitterGlu onto a foam pad on the ink blending applicator. Spread out the glue evenly with a square of cardstock. Apply the glue to the surface of the Ella Bella stamp. Stamp the glue onto black cardstock. Wash the stamp with soap and water. Place a sheet or portions of a sheet of the Metal Leaf onto the stamped image. Lightly press in place with your fingers. Position the piece of acetate on top. Use the flat side of the bone folder in a circular motion to burnish the Metal Leaf onto the image. Remove the acetate and tap the excess Metal Leaf onto wax paper. With a light touch, use the scoochy to polish the image in a circular motion.
- Place the Design Tool “Elegant Label” shape centered over the metal leafed image. Trace around the shape. Cut it out and mat on hammered gold paper with 1/16” borders. Foam tape centered on the card. Glue ivory twill across the upper right corner of the card, trimming edges evenly.
- Use the cosmetic sponge to apply Metallic Gold ink to the edges of the petals of two white flowers. Zot™ the flowers together near the twill as shown. Place Dazzles™ “For You” and swirls on the label shape near the stamped/leafed image as shown.
- Inside: Cut a 6 1/2"x3/4” Hammered Gold paper and mat the long sides on ivory/black dots paper with 3/8” borders. Mat on Chalkboard blue/green tiles paper with 1/4" borders. Ink the outer edges black. Glue centered across the card. Add Black Thin Lines Dazzles™ on the edges of the Hammered Gold and ivory/black dots papers.
- Trace the “Exquisite Label” shape onto black cardstock, then cut it out. Glue a 1/8” wide strip of Hammered Gold paper across the bottom as shown, trimming edges evenly. Mat on Hammered Gold with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the papers on the inside of the card. Place “Happy Birthday with love” and hearts as shown. Zot™ knotted twill near the label.